FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

JERRY WALLACE RIP !

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Empty
MessageSujet: JERRY WALLACE RIP !   JERRY WALLACE RIP ! EmptyVen 09 Mai 2008, 00:01

Singer Jerry Wallace dies

JERRY WALLACE RIP ! 255

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jerry Wallace, 79, who switched from pop to country, died Monday of congestive heart failure.
Wallace was born Dec. 15, 1928 in Guilford, Mo. and raised in Glendale, Ariz. Nicknamed "Mr. Smooth,"
Wallace was considered a pop act during the late 1950s with a pair of huge hits, before going country in the 1960s and 1970s.

Wallace began recording in 1951 and hit the pop charts in 1958 on the Challenge label with "How the Time Flies"
and the even bigger hit "Primrose Lane" a year later.
His focus became more country-oriented with "Shutters and Boards" and "In the Misty Moonlight" in 1963-64.

He switched for good in 1965 after moving to the Mercury label.
A move to Liberty in 1968 didn't work out, but in 1972, soon after he began recording for Decca,
"If You Leave Me Tonight I'll Cry" topped the country charts (as did the LP "To Get to You").
During the next year,
"Do You Know What It's Like to Be Lonesome"
and "Don't Give Up on Me" both reached the Top Five, but Wallace only managed 1 more top 10, 1974's
"My Wife's House" (for MCA). He charted continually until
the end of the decade recording for MGM, 4 Star, BMA,
and Door Knob.
A total of 35 songs recorded by Wallace made the Billboard charts.

Source :
http://www.countrystandardtime.com/news/newsitem.asp?xid=1687&t=Singer_Jerry_Wallace_dies
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: JERRY WALLACE RIP !   JERRY WALLACE RIP ! EmptyVen 09 Mai 2008, 00:02

JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Us20
JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wallace_jerry
Jerry WALLACE

Chanteur US, Jerry Wallace a enregistré à la fin des années cinquante et durant les années soixante.

DISCOGRAPHIE

Singles & EP

06/1957SP CHALLENGE 1003-45 (US)Fool's Hall Of Fame / Blue-Jean Baby
03/1958SP CHALLENGE 59000 (US)Good And Bad / The Other Me
06/1958SP CHALLENGE 59013 (US)With This Ring / How The Times Flies
1960 ?EP LONDON REH 10057 (F)Mission Bell Blues / Little Coco Palm / Primrose Lane / By Your Side
10/1962SP CHALLENGE 9171 (US)Shutters And Boards / Am I That Easy To Forget

Albums

1959LP 12" CHALLENGE CHL-606 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Challenge_606JUST JERRY - How The Time Flies / With This Ring / Date Night / All My Love Belongs To You / Diamond Ring / Open Sesame / Blue Jean Baby / Fool's Hall Of Fame / The Other Me / Lucky Boy / Because We Are Young / Good And Bad
1961LP 12" CHALLENGE CHL-612 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wanted.jpegTHERE SHE GOES - There She Goes / Swingin' Down The Lane / Turn The Key / Open Sesame / You're Singing Our Love Song To Somebody Else / Blue Jean Baby / Primrose Lane / Angel On My Shoulder / Lucky Boy / Teardrop In The Rain / King Of The Mountain / Jezebel
1962LP 12" CHALLENGE CHL-616 (mono) / CHS-2516 (stereo) (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wanted.jpegSHUTTERS AND BOARDS - Shutters And Boards / There She Goes / Am I That Easy To Forget? / San Antonio Rose / I Can See An Angel / Blue Jean Baby / Primrose Lane / Angel On My Shoulder / You'll Never Know / That's All I Want From You / Swingin' Down The Lane / Life's A Holiday
1964LP 12" CHALLENGE CHL-619 (mono) / CHS-2519 (stereo) (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wanted.jpegIN THE MISTY MOONLIGHT - In The Misty Moonlight / Even The Bad Times Are Good / Just Walkin' In The Rain / Move Over / You'll Never Know / There She Goes / Am I That Easy To Forget? / Angel On My Shoulder / Empty Arms Again / Auf Wiedersehen
1969LP 12" CHALLENGE 2002 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wanted.jpegGREATEST HITS - Primrose Lane / There She Goes / Shutters And Boards / You're Driving You Out Of My Mind / How The Time Flies / In the Misty Moonlight / Am I That Easy To Forget / I Can See An Angel / Even The Bad Times Are Good / Helpless
1975LP 12" MGM M3G 4990 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wanted.jpegGREATEST HITS - To Get To You / There She Goes / If You Leave Me Tonight I'll Cry / Even The Bad Times Are Good / Guess Who / Primrose Lane / Don't Give Up On Me / In The Misty Moonlight / My Wife's House / Shutters And Boards
1990CD CURB D2-77262 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Curb_77262GREATEST HITS - Primrose Lane / How The Time Flies / In The Misty Moonlight / Shutters And Boards / To Get To You / There She Goes / Blue Jean Baby / Little Coco Palm / Don't Give Up On Me / If You Need Me / Tonight I'll Cry
11/1996CD KING SPECIAL 1441 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Wanted.jpegGREATEST HITS - Primrose Lane / If You Leave Me Tonight I'll Cry / In The Misty Moonlight / Do You Know What It's Like To Be Lonesome / To Get To You / Life's Gone And Slipped Away / Shutters And Boards / There She Goes / Don't Give Up On Me / How The Time Flies
08/1998CD COLLECTABLES 6035 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Collectables_6035PRIMEROSE LANE : THE VERY BEST OF JERRY WALLACE - Primrose Lane / How The Time Flies / In The Misty Moonlight / Bottle The Glass And Me / Empty Arms Again / Little Miss Tease / Last Plane To Seattle / Ruby Red Wine / All My Love Belongs To You / Because We're Young / You're Driving You Out Of My Mind / Helpless / Mr. Lonely / Teardrops in the Rain / San Antonio Rose / Only Twenty / I Can See an Angel / What's He Doing in My World / With This Ring / Fool's Hall Of Fame / Jealousy / I Hate To Say Goodbye Again / Even The Bad Times Are Good / Mystic Moonlight Night
10/2007CD VARESE 066857 (US)JERRY WALLACE RIP ! Varese_066867THE BEST OF JERRY WALLACE - In The Misty Moonlight Pop/ Even The Bad Times Are Good / After You Country / The Morning After Country / To Get To You Country / Wine Me Up / If You Leave Me Tonight I’ll Cry Country (From Rod Serling’s Night Gallery) / What’s He Doin’ In My World / Do You Know What It’s Like To Be Lonesome Country / The Song Nobody Sings Country / Sound Of Goodbye Country / Primrose Lane (1973 version) / Don’t Give Up On Me Country / My Wife’s House Country / I Wonder Whose Baby (You Are Now) Country / I Wanna Go To Heaven Country
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

JERRY WALLACE RIP !
Page 1 sur 1