FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

THE KEYTONES !!

+11
centdreen
nifluril
BeBopCreek
Slappy
Ted Gordon
rockingigi
lolo
Terry
ritchy54
donald
BIRDY
15 participants
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyDim 27 Avr 2008, 02:11

THE KEYTONES

THE KEYTONES !! THE%20KEYTONES%20NEW%20PHOTO

THE KEYTONES !! 12a

THE KEYTONES !! 13a

THE KEYTONES !! 14a

The Keytones formed in 1983: James Knowler, Cliff Marshall and me, Jarrod Coombes. Jim and I had been playing together for just over a year with Jim’s cousin Andy Knowler; we started out rehearsing together at Andy’s house as Jim and Andy had already been playing together for a few years. We used to play lots of early Elvis, Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran songs and were called The Rocking Trio.
We began playing in small pubs and were really enthusiastic while I was still at school and just coming up sixteen. At this time Cliff Marshall was a friend of mine. I used to look up to him as he had all the cool records and cool clothes; we knew him as Tiff.

Jim and I wanted to have a drummer in the band and play more vocal harmony led material, so we asked Tiff to join, but he said no. We persuaded him to join, but initially he only stood in until we found a permanent drummer. Luckily for us he stayed as our temporary drummer for two years.
Tiff was a big influence on the Keytones as he had a lot of the songs we wanted to cover in his record collection, which was very impressive and well looked after. We thank him for all the good times and for being so cool that we just wanted to be like him.

The first time we went abroad was to France, to play as a last minute, stand in band. At this time in the 1980s there were a lot of rockers and the music was quite heavy and no one had heard of us. But even before we played we had sold out of all the records that we had taken with us; at the time we looked different and it was an exciting time.
After we played that day, we met some Dutch people who became our closest friends – still are to this day - and were invited to play in Holland, then Germany and proceeded to have a nine year career playing many, many gigs in these and other countries.

We did all our first recording with Tiff and learnt the recording process together. We used to record everything live and were very proud of the results as recording time was very expensive and we only got a few cracks at getting it right: that’s where the practice paid off.

After Tiff left The Keytones we searched for a new drummer and found Peter Bowers who was with us for a couple of years, after which we invited Shaun O’Keeffe to join us. Shaun had been playing for many years in the Rock and Roll group Red Hot (great guys) but made the move to The Keytones and was to stay with us from then on. It’s hard to encompass all of those years in one short page, but we had a lot of great (and I mean great) gigs, met some wonderful people and these memories will stay with us forever.

After about nine years Jim and Shaun found they wanted to do something new and this suited me too. Jim and Shaun went on to gain good musical knowledge with their new band, while I joined a jazz band for six years which really helped my playing and musical awareness. Jim was lucky to later join a group that was very successful in Japan, where they toured, and were signed to Sony Records; I also had some great experiences with my group and played around the world.

We are all now in a group called Hullabaloo which is a bit more jazz orientated - we now have a sax player and enjoy playing swing and vocal harmony. You can check us out at www.hullabaloo-uk.com Jim and I also have a passion for the music of Django Reinhardt and early jazz. We have a band called The Jazz Police that you can see at www.jazzpolice.co.uk

Well, here we are in 2006. We’ve decided it would be good to play some gigs as The Keytones as it’s been about 25 years since Jim and I first started playing music together and we’d like to have some fun playing some of those great songs; playing great music for music’s sake, so come along and enjoy.
We will only be playing a small number of gigs due to our already busy schedule, so don’t miss out!
See you soon,
Regards,

Jarrod, Jim and Shaun, THE KEYTONES

http://www.thekeytones.co.uk/index.htm

Source : http://www.bartemon.net/news/index.php?val=1135_keytones+we+love+you+
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyDim 27 Avr 2008, 09:16

J'adore vraiment ce groupe, et puis que de bons souvenirs avec eux en GB !!! 15_1_53

THE KEYTONES !! Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
donald
Modérateur
Modérateur
donald

Masculin
Date de naissance : 03/02/1959

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyDim 27 Avr 2008, 09:43

Tout à fait, un très bon groupe à l'époque.
https://www.facebook.com/edonaldduck#!/edonaldduck
ritchy54
Méga Rockin
Méga Rockin
ritchy54

Masculin
Date de naissance : 02/09/1962
Loisirs : contrebasiste des cotton pickers 54. et fan 40' 50' rockabilly 50, swing ,

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyDim 27 Avr 2008, 12:04

hi! le tatouage du c/b que j'ai sur le bras est celui des keytones un groupe que j'adore........
http://www.myspace. com/ritchy54   www.skyrock.com/swingcat
Terry
Nouveau
Nouveau

Masculin
Date de naissance : 08/10/1964

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyVen 02 Mai 2008, 22:13

Hé ! ah que oui beaucoup de bon souvenir !!un groupe innovant pour l'époque.
lolo
Adepte
Adepte
lolo

Masculin
Date de naissance : 10/02/1968
emploi : buveur de bieres
Loisirs : concert,les potes ,la fiesta et la vie et bien sur les fiffties

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptySam 03 Mai 2008, 01:01

slt j'ai ete les voir a champigny dans les annees 80
bon groupe sa a fini en baston apres le concert THE KEYTONES !! 143187 mais tres bon groupe bye lolo fatigué
http://laurent-thalie.skyblog.com
rockingigi
Méga Rockin
Méga Rockin
rockingigi

Masculin
Date de naissance : 02/01/1963

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptySam 03 Mai 2008, 12:58

Bravo 2 Bravo 2 Pearly,

un très bon groupe que j'apprécie bcp.
C'est de la bonne musique.
Il y avait quand même des bons groupes à l'époque.
Moi je les ais vus en allemagne,un bon concert et l'ambiance
qui y avait génial.

780242 encors Pearly

GROS BISOU A TOI

A PLUS

TRES BON WEEK-END A TOI
http://rockingigi.skyrock.com/?connect=1
Invité
Invité

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyVen 06 Fév 2009, 18:52

THE KEYTONES !! 2108458926keytones02

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/thekeytonesrockabilly

The Keytones formed in 1983: James Knowler, Cliff Marshall and Jarrod Coombes. Jim and Jarrold had been playing together for just over a year with Jim’s cousin Andy Knowler. They used to play lots of early Elvis, Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran songs and were called The Rocking Trio.
The Keytones began playing in small pubs and was really enthusiastic. So they decided to find a drummer and play more vocal harmony led material, so they asked Tiff, a friend of Jarrold, to join, so he stayed the bands' temporary drummer for two years. Tiff was a big influence on the Keytones as he had a lot of the songs they wanted to cover in his record collection, which was very impressive and well looked after.
The first time the band went abroad was to France, to play as a last minute, stand in band. At this time in the 1980s there were a lot of rockers and the music was quite heavy and no one had heard of the Keytons. After the show they met some Dutch people and were invited to play in Holland, then Germany and proceeded to have a nine year career playing many, many gigs in these and other countries.
After Tiff left The Keytones the band searched for a new drummer and found Peter Bowers who was with them for a couple of years, after which the guys invited Shaun O’Keeffe to join the band. Shaun had been playing for many years in the Rock and Roll group Red Hot (great guys) but made the move to The Keytones and was to stay with them from then on.
After about nine years Jarrod, Jim and Shaun found they wanted to do something new, so Jim and Shaun went on to gain good musical knowledge with their new band, while Jarrod joined a jazz band for six years which really helped him playing and musical awareness. Jim was lucky to later join a group that was very successful in Japan, where they toured, and were signed to Sony Records; Jarrod also had some great experiences with his group and played around the world. Thay are all now in a group called Hullabaloo which is a bit more jazz orientated - we now have a sax player and enjoy playing swing and vocal harmony.
But the guys have decided it would be good to play some gigs as The Keytones as it’s been about 25 years since Jim and Jarrod first started playing music together and they’d like to have some fun playing some of those great songs; playing great music for music’s sake, so come along and enjoy. The band only have been playing a small number of gigs due to their already busy schedule, so don’t miss out!

The band members are:

Jarrod - Double Bass, Lead Vocals
Jim - Guitar, Vocals (and song writer)
Shaun - Drums and Vocals

Discography

THE KEYTONES !! Lil1810323040KeytonesFurtherBackFurther Back and Beyond(2007)
Built For Speed Records
CD and LP, 2 volumes
THE KEYTONES !! Lil959093954drcd03Shake Your Hips(2006)
Roof Records

THE KEYTONES !! Lil268355327KeytonesGotzMeets Gotz Alsmann(1992)
Roof Records
This album available on CD as well as 12" Vinyl.

THE KEYTONES !! Lil1784103736keytonescouldbeyouCould Be You, Could Be Me(1991)
Kinghat Records

THE KEYTONES !! 1675219411keytones03
Invité
Invité

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyVen 06 Fév 2009, 18:53

Keytones, The - Whooper Snooper

THE KEYTONES !! 1607082324wsnooper
Track List:

Whooper Snooper / Marie / Love Me To Pieces / Thanks To You / Cannoball Rag / Please Be My Love / Race With The Devil / The Apple Of My Eye / Short Of Lovin / Slow Down / I Knew From The Start / Forty Five Men / Baby Take Me Back / Hear Angels Sigh / Sittin' On Top Of The World / At Sundown / Fools Rush In / I Just Can't Wait / Anyway / Crazy Over You / Miserlou
You can buy this album here »

Keytones, The
Whooper Snooper
Boola Records (2008)
Stars rating given by author: THE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! Star Users total vote count: THE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! StarTHE KEYTONES !! Star

Possible Styles: doo-wop, rock'n'roll, jive, rhythm'n'blues, rockabilly
Submitted by: kitti.
Publication date - 23-12-08
Copyrights: Really Rockabilly

Do you believe in perfection? Do you believe that nowadays you can find a perfect band? To be honest, I didn’t… until I saw The Keytones live in Caddy’s Diner (Holland). The plan was to go out and fool around with my friends (you know - drink some beer or few, have a chat, maybe dance). The plan worked out well till the English band started to play. For some minutes me and my friends were paralised. Those guys didn’t need a warm-up; they just went on stage and started play with such an ease (in all meanings of this word! No show, no fake “50's America” voices, no tension… just pure fun in a very natural way. I guess you must be thinking now: hey, what does it all have to do with a cd review? And I must tell you - the cd gives the same feeling, only without “moving pictures”. Sure, the band has a long time experience, but they are the only ones who have reached this level of quality. This cd is very special and certainly one of my few favourites. First of all it is very smartly “organised”… it starts and finishes with instrumentals, so it has a beginning and the end. Fast tempo Whooper Snooper (name of the cd is already showing up in the first song… simple, but also makes it kind of unusual) shows the best ability of musicians. And yes, it is real and it already makes you addicted to The Keytones. Even though I have never played properly on any kind of musical instrument, I can bet that it could be a perfect example for other bands how to play right and also communicate with each other. What I like about this cd is that it suprises you all the time. Be ready, the styles of songs are changing so fast that you won’t even have time to catch your breath… doo-wop, rockabilly, jive, rhytm’n’blues… and everything so perfect, you won’t believe your ears.
I will just pick up some songs; There are 21 tracks on the cd, so let's jump right to the heart and start from the 10th, which is a cover of Larry Williams hit “Slow Down”. I think it is the cd's wildest track and, sorry Larry, in my opinion better than the original (though it is not a big surprise as they ARE The Keytones). The next one “I Knew from the Start” slows you down, but still what a power! If you compare it to the version of The Moonglows, you will see a very interesting difference. First of all, the Keytones’ (with only three of them) singing is much stronger than that of the five-piece band. Another point they don’t make it 50’s, it sounds contemporary yet brilliant, it's a doo-wop with such a great rhythm. Amazing, what they can do! And again they show their ability to play with their voices. Let’s move further to my favourite happy swinging “Forty Five Men in Telephone Booth”. I want to assure you, as soon as you hear it, it will become your favourite too! Next track is rock’n’roll… so pure, so energetic… I am surprised at a thought spinning in my head: it's certainly one of the best contemporary rock’n’roll bands! The funniest thing is, the more you listen to the cd, the more you seem to be lost: is it the best doo-wop band, or are they the best rock’n’rollers… is it a blues band or more jive one (they have so much swing in them!)? All I can tell them are pure compliments… everything in the Keytones (first music, then voices, then feeling, communication, etc, etc) is too good to be true.
And you know, if you check the line up, you will see that all of them have only names, no nick-names; you won’t find in the description wild drums, rockin’ bass or shouting guitar; no special guests are invited to make extra sound… as simple as that. But that is why they are simply the best.
Invité
Invité

THE KEYTONES !! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: THE KEYTONES !!   THE KEYTONES !! EmptyVen 06 Fév 2009, 18:55