FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Tennessee Smith passed away !!

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Tennessee Smith passed away !! Empty
MessageSujet: Tennessee Smith passed away !!   Tennessee Smith passed away !! EmptyLun 28 Sep 2009, 17:54

Tennessee Smith passed away !! 1705251518smith

Tennessee Smith passed away

16-09-2009

John Orvia "Tennessee" Smith, a member of the Sunshine Boys Quartet (where he played fiddle and sang tenor) and the TV Wranglers, died on September 2, 2009, in Griffin. He was 91 years old and is survided by his wife and many children.

The Sunshine Boys recorded several sides for Decca. The quartet specialized in country and gospel music. The band performed live for Atlanta radio stations WSB and WAGA. The musicians also appeared at rallies around Atlanta to sell war bonds. The group picked and played its way to Hollywood and appeared in Western movies.

Smith was also a member of the TV Wranglers, another Atlanta based country group that was very popular in the 1950s on radio and TV. The TV Wranglers were inducted into the Atlanta Country Music Hall of Fame in 1991.

http://www.rockabillybash.com/news.php?nid=405&page=0
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Tennessee Smith passed away !!
Page 1 sur 1