FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Slap bass lessons - Lesson 1 & Lesson 2

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Slap bass lessons - Lesson 1 & Lesson 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Slap bass lessons - Lesson 1 & Lesson 2   Slap bass lessons - Lesson 1 & Lesson 2 EmptyVen 06 Fév 2009, 19:16

Slap bass lessons - Lesson 1

Date of Publication - 17-01-2009

The online lessons of slappin’ bass are introduced by Hans Nelemans – one of the best bass players in Holland, and maybe even Europe – specially for Rockabilly Bash website. Hans has been playing rock’n’roll music since 1988. His passion for music and making it perfect were helping him to develop his knowledge and improve his technique through the years. Nowadays he is a professional musician, playing with his acoustic duo Prettig Geregeld, and also giving lessons to people who are interested in playing bass in rock’n’roll, rockabilly and country music.

"When I started to play with my first band I thought it was very difficult to play and sing at the same time. But after some practice I noticed that me and my instrument have become as one.
In a rockabilly set up the bass player is the one who's going steady. Giving enough space to the guitar player and the singer to show their stuff. Also you have to listen carefully to the drummer. He's the leader of the beat. Make sure your bass lines fills in perfectly with the other members. Then in the right moment you can show your capabilities.
Rockabilly music is a simple way of making music. And in rock and roll you don't need much difficult stuff.
My lessons are focused on how to teach in a very simple way the basic knowledge of making rockabilly and to challenge the student to discover a lot by himself by giving him a few handy tips." - Hans Nelemans