FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Larry Donn has a new CD available for sale at CD Baby

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Larry Donn has a new CD available for sale at CD Baby Empty
MessageSujet: Larry Donn has a new CD available for sale at CD Baby   Larry Donn has a new CD available for sale at CD Baby EmptyLun 14 Jan 2008, 14:11

Larry Donn

Burning!

Larry Donn has a new CD available for sale at CD Baby Larrydonn

© 2007 Larry Donn Gillihan (634479696701) (format: CD-R)

CD coming back in stock soon.

If you want us to email you the minute this CD arrives, enter your name and email address here. We will not give or sell your info to anyone, and will not use it for any other reason than to tell you when it arrives.
Hot '50s rock and roll

tracks

1 Angel

2 1957 Blue Suede Blues

3 That's the Way I Feel

4 The Great American Superstar

5 Third Time's the Charm

6 Burning in My Heart

7 An Old Hillbilly Cat

8 Rock Me

9 Sittin' in the Bathroom

10 Love Enough For Two

11 Billy, Look At What You've Done

12 Old Cheap Sneakers

try this

genres you will love

• Rock: Rockabilly
  • Rock: 50's Rock
  • Solo Male Artist

By Location

• USA: Arkansas

Recommended if you like ...

• Johnny Cash
  • Elvis Presley
  • Larry Donn

links

• deltaboogie.com
  • rockabillyhall.com

notes

Review by Dave Goulding, Warwickshire, England, originally appeared in Now Dig This magazine.
This CD is absolutely fantastic! Every track is killer rock'n'roll, sung and played as it should be, with passion and conviction by a master who has honed and perfected his craft over the past 50 years. I recommend that all lovers of real rock'n'roll listen to this CD at the earliest opportunity.

Review by Russell Allsopp, S. Wales, U.K.
Man, it's a great listen! I played all of them en bloc, and I can't fault any of 'em. (Larry Donn's) voice on "1957 BLUE SUEDE BLUES" is excellent. "BURNING IN MY HEART" is just wild! BILLY, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE is everything I hoped it would be. It rocked like the clappers (an old Cardiff saying), and told a great story. Wonderful stuff, indeed. The guitar work on "OLD CHEAP SNEAKERS" is outasite. There aren't many CDs out there that can't be faulted, but this is the disc that every self-respecting rocker should own and play at every opportunity. No fillers, all killers!!! (Larry Donn) has made a goody, and should be proud of it.

Review by Rip Masters, Los Angeles, California
It's HOT! Especially great vocals, in addition to some real rockin' piano and guitar work. A lot of very authentic roots rock, with some changes of pace, including a little more country flavor on some tunes.

A comment from Billy Lee Riley
Awesome! Beyond fantastic!

A note from Narvel Felts
When I listened to the tracks on this CD, I was impressed that the creative juices are still flowing. The new songs, the feel of the music, the emotion in Larry's vocal, the authentic sound of '50s rockabilly/rock'n'roll...the spark is still there, after more than fifty years.

A comment from Elvis
If I was alive, I would love it!

review by Harry Dodds, Now Dig This magazine
...this is a likeable, varied and consistent collection. Four tracks had particular appeal: ANGEL is powerful and presley-ish, and features strong backing vocals. There's no instrumental break, but none is required, as the material, and Larry's delivery, are very strong. THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM is another strong tune and is reminiscent of Warren Smith on Sun. The backing on OLD CHEAP SNEAKERS is particularly powerful with fuzz-tone guitar.
Tribute songs don't always hit the spot with me, but the couple included here are fine. THE GREAT AMERICAN SUPERSTAR (ROCKABILLY BLUES) and BILLY, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE are both Donn compositions, the performers in question being Elvis Presley and Billy Lee Riley...The ode to Billy Lee, a strong rocker, closes with some harmonica from the man himself.
...Larry's piano is well to the fore on BURNING IN MY HEART, the most torrid offering...THAT'S THE WAY I FEEL is a basic pounder, LOVE ENOUGH FOR TWO more lilting and in the Presley vein. 1957 BLUE SUEDE BLUES again highlights Larry's skill as a lyricist, and the pacy rockabilly is enhanced by some strong Scotty Moore-style lead guitar. An enjoyable and long overdue collection from the "Rockabilly Days" man.

Link to the site

http://cdbaby.com/cd/larrydonn.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Larry Donn has a new CD available for sale at CD Baby
Page 1 sur 1