FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

Ella Mae Morse

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Ella Mae Morse Empty
MessageSujet: Ella Mae Morse   Ella Mae Morse EmptyVen 07 Déc 2007, 09:02

Ella Mae Morse

In the 50s: Razzle Dazzle
CRBAND30

Ella Mae Morse Crband30One of the most talented and va va voom vocalists of the 1940s and 1950s, Ella Mae Morse blended jazz, country, pop, and R&B; at times she came remarkably close to what would soon be known as rock & roll. Starting at the tender age of 14 in the Jimmy Dorsey band, her larger than life performances knocked 'em dead!

At 17, she joined the genre-hopping Freddie Slack's band, cutting 'Cow Cow Boogie', the first gold record for the fledgling Capitol label...whose first rockin' solo girl she became! Ella continued to cut solid, rockin' sides in a new solo guise up until she retired from the road in 1957. Oddly enough, her records always charted higher in the R&B charts than the pop ones. Containing all her hits of the 1950s, many never before on CD! Wonderfully mastered in true Rev Ola style! Wonderful sexy packaging from Pepperbox... with rare and cool memorabilia and scholarly annotations from our man in the 50's suit and extraordinary shoes, Mr. D Penny!

Oakie Boogie / Greyhound / Bouncin' Ball / Jump Back, Honey / Big Mamou / Have Mercy Baby / Money Honey / 40 Cups Of Coffee / Daddy Daddy / Rock Me All Night Long / How Can You Leave A Man Like This? / 5-10-15 Hours / Lovey Dovey / Teardrops From My Eyes / Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight / Won't You Listen To Me, Baby / Smack Dab In The Middle / Give A Little Time (To Your Lover) / Give Me Love / Yes, Yes I Do / Piddiley Patter Patter / Ain't That A Shame / Seventeen / Razzle-Dazzle / When Boy Kiss Girl (It's Love) / What Good'll It Do Me? / Down In Mexico / Rock and Roll Wedding Bonus Tracks - Oakie Boogie (First Version) / I'm Hog-Tied Over You (duet with Tennessee Ernie) / False Hearted Girl (Duet With Tennessee Ernie) / The Blacksmith Blues

source

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/revola/newreleases.php
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Ella Mae Morse
Page 1 sur 1