FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-14%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Apple MacBook Air (2020) 13,3″ Puce Apple M1 – RAM 8Go/SSD 256Go
799 € 930 €
Voir le deal

Buddy Knox and Jimmy Bowen

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Buddy Knox and Jimmy Bowen Empty
MessageSujet: Buddy Knox and Jimmy Bowen   Buddy Knox and Jimmy Bowen EmptyVen 16 Nov 2007, 22:51

Just Released From Bear Family Records
With the Rhythm Orchids

Buddy Knox and Jimmy Bowen JVbcd16872
[BCD 16872-AR] - Following their national emergence in 1957, the achievements of two small town Texas boys would shake the music world for decades to come. Still remembered for the enduring classic Party Doll, Buddy Knox was the first rockabilly singer-songwriter to score a number one pop hit, and enjoyed more follow up successes than many of his peers (Hula Love, I Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself and several others). Jimmy Bowen, whose Roulette waxing of I'm Stickin' With You was a solid Top 20 hit, later produced major smash hits by Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Mel Tillis, Reba McEntire, and George Strait. In the process, he revolutionized the Nashville sound. Knox and Bowen began their careers in the Rhythm Orchids, a freewheeling quintet that rose from college fraternity parties to national prominence virtually overnight. 'Those were the pioneer days of rock,' Knox said in an interview, 'most of us won't trade those days for anything.' The complete story is told here by Johnny Vallis. Every hit and every rockin' single from every significant label affiliation.
Party Doll - Maybelline - Mary Lou - I'm Stickin' With You (Jimmy Bowen) - Cause I'm In Love With You - Rock Your Little Baby To Sleep - Devil Woman - My Baby's Gone (Jimmy Bowen) - Rockabilly Walk (instrumental) - Rockhouse - Rock Around The Clock - Warm Up To Me Baby (Jimmy Bowen) - Hula Love - Whenever I'm Lonely - Swingin' Daddy - Money Honey (Jimmy Bowen) - C'mon Baby - That's Why I Cry - Somebody Touched Me - Can She Kiss (Jimmy Bowen) - I Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself - All For You - Long Lonely Nights - Stick With Me (Jimmy Bowen) - Storm Clouds - The Girl With The Golden Hair - Lovey Dovey - I Got You - Ling Ting Tong - She' s Gone - Good Lovin'

source
http://www.rockabillyhall.com/index.html
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1