FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension Pokémon sera EV6.5 Fable ...
Voir le deal

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin'

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Empty
MessageSujet: Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin'   Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' EmptySam 22 Sep 2007, 06:27

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Fats-homex
Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' EnlargeEnlarge
By Kevork Djansezian, AP

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Clear

Double destruction: Fats Domino's house, in New Orleans' Lower Ninth Ward, was flooded a second time in late September 2005 in the aftermath of Hurricane Rita. That tragedy struck just weeks after the structure was swamped by 8 feet of water when Hurricane Katrina struck the city.

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Clear FATS DOMINO IN SONG

ESSENTIAL FATS DOMINO

Greatest Hits: Walking to New Orleans (Capitol, 2007). You can't shake a leg without kicking a Fats Domino hits compilation. This newest in a long and uneven stretch of discs offers a rich primer, including a few lesser-known electrifying rockers in addition to the mellower cross-over favorites.
Live From Austin, TX (New West, 2006). Recorded in 1986 but not released until 2006, this Austin City Limits performance captures Domino's ample stage charms: the easygoing, warm vocals, playful boogie-woogie piano and brass-bolstered band. A treat, considering the rarity of his live appearances in recent years.
Blues Kingpins (Capitol, 2003). The modestly priced, exquisitely packaged Right Stuff collection culls a six-year streak of sassy jump-blues sides that preceded his 1955 breakthrough. Hide Away Blues, Trust in Me and Domino Stomp are standouts among the 18 tracks.
Walking to New Orleans (Imperial/Capitol, 2002). The 100-track, four-disc box set, nearly a note-for-note replica of 1991's They Call Me the Fat Man, illuminates the breadth of Domino's talent while serving as a strong testament to his pivotal rock 'n' roll contributions.
Out of New Orleans (Bear Family, 1993). The fattest of the Fats box sets, this eight-disc mother lode holds 218 recordings he recorded for Imperial from 1949-1962, plus a photo-packed book and comprehensive discography. A completist's fantasy.
Blue Monday: Fats Domino and the Lost Dawn of Rock 'n' Roll (Da Capo Press, 2006). Rick Coleman's biography tracks Domino's career against personal hurdles, the civil rights era and New Orleans' rich culture.
The Girl Can't Help It (DVD, 1956). Frank Tashlin's satiric sendup of 1950s culture showcases Jayne Mansfield's curves and the era's stable of rock acts, including Domino, Little Richard, Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran.

By Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY
NEW ORLEANS — Fats Domino, a founding father of rock 'n' roll, an R&B legend and a New Orleans saint, summarizes his 58-year recording career with sweet sincerity: "There's not too much to talk about."

He squirms slightly in his metal chair near the stage of Tipitina's nightclub and continues in his thick Creole patois. "I'm glad that people liked me and my music. I guess it was an interesting life. I didn't pay much attention, and I never thought I'd be here this long."

And then his anxiety dissolves as he jumps into the title track of his 2006 album, Alive and Kickin':

All over the country, people wanna know
source

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2007-09-20-fatsdomino-cover-main_N.htm?csp=DailyBriefing

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' 070311_fatsDomino_hlg_7p.hlarge

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Zap_domino Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Fats

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' 060507_fatsDomino_vmed_4p.widec

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Stehen

Fats Domino: Walkin', talkin' and hopin' Singen1
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1