FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

R.I.P. Billy Sherril

AuteurMessage
PurplePeopleEater
Méga Rockin
Méga Rockin
PurplePeopleEater

Masculin
Date de naissance : 03/03/1960

R.I.P. Billy Sherril Empty
MessageSujet: R.I.P. Billy Sherril   R.I.P. Billy Sherril EmptyJeu 13 Aoû 2015, 01:01

Il a aidé avec la chanson de méga-hit "Stand by Your Man".

Il a écrit la célèbre chanson réussie "Stand By Your Man" chanté par Tammy Wynette. Tammy ici, était l'épouse de George Jones.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/billy-sherrill-music-producer-dies/2015/08/12/id/669753/

Citation :
Billy Sherrill, the music producer and songwriter who worked with Tammy Wynette and George Jones to create the smooth "countrypolitan" sound of the 1960s and '70s, has died at the age of 78. 

Sherrill's daughter, Catherine Lale, confirmed his death to The New York Times this week as Aug 4. 
"Smoothing out the rough edges of the honky-tonk sound," wrote The Times, Sherrill had a hand in creating Wynette's 1968 megahit "Stand By Your Man." 

His big break came a year earlier, however, as he would go on to win a Grammy Award for writing David Houston’s "Almost Persuaded" with fellow producer Glenn Sutton. 

Wynette married country star George Jones in 1969, and Sherrill would come to work with him too. Their producer-musician relationship would outlast Wynette and Jones' marriage, which ended in divorce in 1975. 

The Associated Press reported that Sherrill also worked with Charlie Rich, Ronnie Milsap, Johnny Paycheck, Elvis Costello, and Ray Charles. He was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2010.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/billy-sherrill-music-producer-dies/2015/08/12/id/669753/#ixzz3ie2YQTMU 
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

R.I.P. Billy Sherril
Page 1 sur 1