FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 ...
Voir le deal
499.99 €

R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93  Empty
MessageSujet: R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93    R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93  EmptyDim 09 Sep 2012, 21:10

Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93

R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93  L

Saturday, September 8, 2012
Posted by That Nashville Sound at 7:50 AM

Grand Ole Opry star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan passed away at the age of 93 on Friday. Lonzo and Oscar were an American country music duo
founded in 1945 originally consisting of Lloyd George (1924-1991) as "Lonzo" and Sullivan. They are best known for being the first to
perform the 1948 song "I'm My Own Grandpa". George departed in 1950, and Lonzo was later portrayed by Johnny Sullivan from 1950 to
1967 and by David Hooten from 1967 to 1985, when the band retired (with some final shows performed by Sullivan and first Cleo C.
Hogan, then Billy Henson, the later of which eventually bought the rights to the name).

Rollin Sullivan was born in Edmonton, Kentucky, one in a family of ten. Rollin (born January 9, 1919) and brother Johnny Sullivan (born July
7, 1917) toured together in the 1930s; they were also in a local group known as the Kentucky Ramblers. They made their professional
debut on WTJS-AM in Jackson, Tennessee, about 1939. In 1942, Rollin joined Paul Howard’s Arkansas Cotton Pickers playing an electric
mandolin, where he received the nickname Oscar. Johnny was in the military at the time. In the summer of 1944, Rollin, with WSM-AM’s
Grand Ole Opry, played tent shows with Eddy Arnold.

In the early days of the Grand Ole Opry comedy was a very important part of its format, and there were even pre-rehearsed routines
featuring dialogues between stars like Hank Williams and Minnie Pearl. As the music industry changed, the comedy diminished, but Lonzo
and Oscar were always there for a laugh with their funny songs and parodies. Lonzo and Oscar actually had three different Lonzos along
the way, but through most of the team's history Lonzo was David Hooten and Oscar was always Rollin Sullivan.

R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93  Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

R.I.P : Grand Ole Opry Star Rollin "Oscar" Sullivan Passes Away at 93
Page 1 sur 1