FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2   Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 EmptyDim 01 Nov 2009, 13:07

Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 1852701610rollintherock
Track List:

1 Ray Campi & The Snappers - Give That Love To Me
2 Mac Curtis - Goosebumps
3 Alvis Wayne With Tony Wayne & His Rhythm Wranglers - Sleep Rock-a-roll Rock-a-baby
4 Sid King & The Five Strings - When My Baby Left Me
5 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Tryin' To Get To You
6 Ray Campi With John & Henry - Play It Cool
7 Sid King & The Five Strings - Let 'er Roll
8 Mac Curtis - Just So You Call Me
9 Ray Campi With John & Henry - Catapillar
10 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Corrine, Corrina
11 Mac Curtis - You Ain't Treatin' Me Right
12 Mac Curtis - If I Had Me A Woman
13 Sid King & The Five Strings - Gonna Shake This Shack Tonight
14 Johnny Carroll &... 1 Ray Campi & The Snappers - Give That Love To Me
2 Mac Curtis - Goosebumps
3 Alvis Wayne With Tony Wayne & His Rhythm Wranglers - Sleep Rock-a-roll Rock-a-baby
4 Sid King & The Five Strings - When My Baby Left Me
5 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Tryin' To Get To You
6 Ray Campi With John & Henry - Play It Cool
7 Sid King & The Five Strings - Let 'er Roll
8 Mac Curtis - Just So You Call Me
9 Ray Campi With John & Henry - Catapillar
10 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Corrine, Corrina
11 Mac Curtis - You Ain't Treatin' Me Right
12 Mac Curtis - If I Had Me A Woman
13 Sid King & The Five Strings - Gonna Shake This Shack Tonight
14 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Hot Rock )
15 Alvis Wayne - Don't Mean Maybe, Baby
16 Sid King & The Five Strings - Booger Red
17 Mac Curtis - Half Hearted Love
18 Alvis Wayne - Lay Your Head On My Shoulder
19 Ray Campi & The Snappers - It Ain't Me
20 Sid King & The Five Strings - Good Rockin' Baby
21 Alvis Wayne - I Gottum
22 Ray Campi & The Snappers - The Crossing
23 Mac Curtis - Grandaddy's Rockin'
24 Alvis Wayne With Tony Wayne & His Rhythm Wranglers - Swing Bop Boogie
25 Sid King & The Five Strings - It's True, I'm Blue
26 Ray Campi & The Snappers - I Didn't Mean To Be Mean
27 Mac Curtis - That Ain't Nothin' But Right
28 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Rock 'n' Roll Ruby
29 Sid King & The Five Strings - I've Got The Blues
30 Ray Campi & The Snappers - You Can't Catch Me
31 Alvis Wayne - I'd Rather Be With You
32 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Crazy, Crazy Lovin' (from "rock, Baby, Rock It!")
33 Johnny Carroll & His Hot Rocks - Wild, Wild Women (from "rock, Baby, Rock It!") (more) (less)
You can buy this album here »

Various Artists
El Toro Records (2009)
Stars rating given by author: Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 StarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 StarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 StarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 StarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 Star Users total vote count: Rollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 NostarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 NostarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 NostarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 NostarRollin’ The Rock – Texas Rockabilly Vol. 2 Nostar (0 users gave their votes)

Possible Styles: rockabilly
Submitted by: kitti.
Publication date - 25 October 2009
Copyrights: Rockabilly Bash

“Rollin’ The Rock” is the next volume of fine Texas Rockabilly, which follows compilation “Real Cool Cats”, released three years earlier (in 2006). The “lineup of show” includes Ray Campi, Mac Curtis, Alvis Wayne, Sid King and Johnny Carrol. Besides living in Texas and making hits in 1950’s, they have one more thing in common – in the 1970’s they were all recording at California Record Company called Rollin’ Rock Records (run by Italian Rockin’ Ronny Weiser; itially created as music magazine Rollin' Rock in 1969, which became a full-fledged record label in 1970, helping 50’s artists to bring their famous comeback). That is how the name of this cd came up.

So let’s meet those guys “in person”.

Ray Campi, the craziest double bass player, often called the King of Rockabilly, was born in 1934 in Yonkers, New York. In 1944, when his family moved to Austin, Texas, Campi began performing in numerous American genres, including folk, country and rockabilly. In 1950’s he made some recordings on Domino, Dot and TNT Records. "Caterpillar" (released by TNT in 1956) was considered his most popular record then.
His career never really took off until the early 1970s when he was rediscovered by Rollin' Rock Records. Many of Ray Campi's earliest 1950s recordings weren't issued until the 1980s and 1990s, mostly on European albums.
This compilation also includes some of Ray Campi demos.

Wesley Erwin "Mac" Curtis, Jr. was born in 1939 in Fort Worth, Texas. In 1954 he moved to Weatherford and formed a band with two classmates, Jim and Ken Galbraith. In 1955 they were offered a deal with King Records, who released their debut single, "If I Had Me a Woman". The singles "Grandaddy's Rockin" and "You Ain't Treatin Me Right" followed in rapid succession. Soon after (in 1956) Alan Freed heard the band and invited them to play on his Rock 'n' Roll Revue at the Brooklyn Paramount Theater.
As rockabilly grew in popularity in the 1970s, he began recording with Ray Campi and signed to Ronnie Weiser's Rollin' Rock Records; his career took off there in the 1980s and 1990s. He was later elected to the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.

Alvis Wayne was born in 1937 in Puduka, Texas. He began playing in local bars and clubs at 12 and joined Tony Wayne & the Rhythm Wranglers at 20. This group released one single in 1957 and then disbanded. Following this, Alvis signed with Westport Records, where he made numerous recordings. His single "Don't Mean Maybe Baby" was a regional hit in Texas (and possibly Westport's biggest seller), and he toured extensively in the state.

Sidney Erwin (known as Sid King) was born in 1936 in Denton, Texas. As a teenager he formed the Western Melodymakers, which became Sid King and The Five Strings when he signed to Starday in 1954. After joining Columbia, King concentrated on more hard rocking material and became one of the foremost rockabilly singers of the 50s.

John Lewis Carrell (aka Johnny Carroll) was born in 1937 in Cleburne, Texas. He began recording for Decca Records in the middle of the 1950s, where he made several singles, but none of them saw significant success.
His career ended toward the end of the 1950s, but he made a comeback in 1974 with a Gene Vincent tribute song and he continued to record well into the 1980s.

I guess, I have nothing else to add. Just turn on the cd and enjoy some of the greatest rockabilly tracks of those Texas rockabillies!

==> http://www.rockabillybash.com/reviews_content.php?id=282
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Page 1 sur 1