FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Empty
MessageSujet: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:12

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Kopf_label
International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd17031

Various Artists

Snatch And Grab It 33 2/3 Edition - Limited

CD
catalog no.: BCD 17031
EAN: 4000127170316

Various Artists

Snatch And Grab It 33 2/3 Edition - Limited

Bear Family is not a 'greatest hits' label, and we're proud of it…even if our accountants aren't. Throughout our thirty three years, we've gone out of our way to reissue the finest music in the highest possible quality packages, regardless of commerce. Some of the music is admittedly a little obscure, and fans are understandably wary of buying something they don't know. Hence Bear Family's 33 1/3 promotion. To celebrate our 33rd birthday, we've assembled three 33-song CDs at a special price. Now its time for: BCD 17031 - Snatch And Grab It - 33 2/3 Edition - R&B Classics. All of these recordings are just from Bear Family's catalog of R&B related music. Some of these songs aren't very familiar; in fact, some of the artists aren't very familiar, but this is a jumpin' little record. For every well-known song, like the Platters: Goodnight Sweetheart, It's Time To Go, there's half-a-dozen gloriously obscure tracks, like For You My Love by Nellie Lutcher. This is a true alternative history of R&B. Thirty-three flashes from the archives of oblivion, courtesy of Bear Family! Bear Family is a different kind of record company. Sure, fans can buy CDs on out-of-copyright labels for next to nothing or download songs for a few cents, but that's not why they became fans. They want to know about the artists, see rare and unpublished photos, want the very best sound quality, and want to go beyond the greatest hits. Bear Family caters to the fan in all of us!

CD content:

• 1. Snatch And Grab It - LEE, JULIA
  • 2. Boogie Woogie Blue Plate - JORDAN, LOUIS
  • 3. Let's Have A Good Time Tonight - PIANO RED a.k.a. DR.FEELGOOD
  • 4. For You My Love - LUTCHER, NELLIE
  • 5. Baby Please Don't Go - ORIOLES, THE
  • 6. I'm Gonna Dig Myself A Hole - CRUDUP, ARTHUR 'BIG BOY'
  • 7. Ain't Gonna Do It - LEWIS, SMILEY
  • 8. Mr. Highway Man (Cadillac Daddy) - HOWLIN' WOLF
  • 9. That Chicks Too Young To Fry - PRISONAIRES, THE
  • 10. It Went Down Easy - SMITH, MELVIN
  • 11. Hydramatic Woman - LOUIS, JOE HILL
  • 12. Little Richard Boogie - RICHARD, LITTLE
  • 13. Something's Wrong - MOORE, HERBERT 'WOO WOO'
  • 14. Tiger Man - THOMAS, RUFUS
  • 15. No Place Like Home - DOUGLAS, SHY GUY
  • 16. Don't Knock - SPIDERS, THE
  • 17. Night Life - STONE, JESSE with 'MICKEY' BAK
  • 18. Don't Ever Change Your Pretty Ways - BALLARD, HANK & THE MIDNIGHTER
  • 19. What That Is - HAWKINS, SCREAMIN' JAY
  • 20. Midnight Hours - BAKER, MICKEY & LARRY DALE
  • 21. Poor Me - DOMINO, FATS
  • 22. Tom, Dick 'N' Harry - SEARS, BIG AL
  • 23. Zoom (version 2) - CADILLACS, THE
  • 24. Goin' Round In Circles - MITCHELL, BOBBY
  • 25. Dearest - MICKEY & SYLVIA
  • 26. I Want You To Be My Girl (version 2) - LYMON, FRANKIE & THE TEENAGERS
  • 27. Oh My Baby's Gone - SHARPE, RAY
  • 28. Goodnight Sweetheart, It's Time To Go - PLATTERS, THE
  • 29. Yes Sir - CUES, THE
  • 30. Tim Tam - TOUSSAINT, ALLEN
  • 31. So Tired - LEE, LEONARD
  • 32. The Wobble - McCRACKLIN, JIMMY
  • 33. Beach Party - CURTIS, KING
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:13

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16867

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 31 Scorching Classics 1961

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16867 AS
EAN: 4000127168672

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Status_green ready for shipping

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 31 Scorching Classics 1961

A sequel to Bear Family's highly acclaimed, award-winning R&B series 'Blowin' The Fuse.' - All the greatest and most influential hits as R&B became Soul in the 1960s! - All original versions! The ultimate soul collection on ten individual CDs… the first five are ready now! - The soundtrack to the 1960s! - Massive booklets with detailed notes, incredible photos, and ephemera. It was a turbulent era. Over the course of ten years, R&B became soul music, and soul music became the soundtrack to a social revolution known throughout the world as Civil Rights. The story of those ten incredible years is told in full for the first time on Bear Family's 'Sweet Soul Music' series. Some record companies have compiled anthologies from their own vaults but Bear Family has gone to every record company… great and small… in search of the greatest music and the finest sound quality. The first five volumes cover the years 1961-1965. The first rumblings of civil rights and soul music were being heard. Black music was rediscovering its gospel roots and inalienable soul. It's an incredible story that plays out before your eyes and ears as you listen to the music and read the in-depth commentary by Colin Escott and Bill Dahl. The prelude to this series, 'Blowin' The Fuse,' covered R&B from 1945-1960. It garnered awards and general acclaim. It was hailed as definitive. Now here comes the sequel. Compiled with love by Dave 'Daddy Cool' Booth. Hits? Too many to mention. See the track listing!

CD content:

• 1. The Watusi - VIBRATIONS, THE
  • 2. Shop Around - MIRACLES, THE
  • 3. All In My Mind - BROWN, MAXINE
  • 4. Will You Love Me Tomorrow - SHIRELLES, THE
  • 5. (I Don't Know Why) But I Do - HENRY, CLARENCE 'FROGMAN'
  • 6. You Can Have Her - HAMILTON, ROY
  • 7. Rainin' In My Heart - HARPO, SLIM
  • 8. I Don't Want To Cry - JACKSON, CHUCK
  • 9. Hide Away - KING, FREDDY & HIS ORCHESTRA
  • 10. Gee Whiz (Look At His Eyes) - THOMAS, CARLA
  • 11. Some Kind Of Wonderful - DRIFTERS, THE
  • 12. Big Boss Man - REED, JIMMY
  • 13. Blue Moon - MARCELS, THE
  • 14. Daddy's Home - SHEP & THE LIMELITE
  • 15. Mother-In-Law - K-DOE, ERNIE
  • 16. Driving Wheel - PARKER, LITTLE JUNIOR
  • 17. Tossin' And Turnin' - LEWIS, BOBBY with JOE RENÉ ORC
  • 18. Every Beat Of My Heart - PIPS, THE
  • 19. Stand By Me - KING, BEN E.
  • 20. Raindrops - CLARK, DEE
  • 21. My True Story - JIVE FIVE, THE with JOE RENE &
  • 22. It's Gonna Work Out Fine - IKE & TINA TURNER
  • 23. Last Night - MAR-KEYS, THE
  • 24. I Like It Like That, Part 1 - KENNER, CHRIS
  • 25. A Little Bit Of Soap - JARMELS, THE
  • 26. Let The Four Winds Blow - DOMINO, FATS
  • 27. Just Out Of Reach (Of My Two Open Arms) - BURKE, SOLOMON
  • 28. Ya Ya - DORSEY, LEE
  • 29. Please Mr. Postman - MARVELETTES, THE
  • 30. Gypsy Woman - IMPRESSIONS, THE
  • 31. Turn On Your Love Light - BLAND, BOBBY
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:14

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16868

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 28 Scorching Classics 1962

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16868 AS
EAN: 4000127168689

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Status_green ready for shipping

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 28 Scorching Classics 1962

A sequel to Bear Family's highly acclaimed, award-winning R&B series 'Blowin' The Fuse.' - All the greatest and most influential hits as R&B became Soul in the 1960s! - All original versions! The ultimate soul collection on ten individual CDs… the first five are ready now! - The soundtrack to the 1960s! - Massive booklets with detailed notes, incredible photos, and ephemera. It was a turbulent era. Over the course of ten years, R&B became soul music, and soul music became the soundtrack to a social revolution known throughout the world as Civil Rights. The story of those ten incredible years is told in full for the first time on Bear Family's 'Sweet Soul Music' series. Some record companies have compiled anthologies from their own vaults but Bear Family has gone to every record company… great and small… in search of the greatest music and the finest sound quality. The first five volumes cover the years 1961-1965. The first rumblings of civil rights and soul music were being heard. Black music was rediscovering its gospel roots and inalienable soul. It's an incredible story that plays out before your eyes and ears as you listen to the music and read the in-depth commentary by Colin Escott and Bill Dahl. The prelude to this series, 'Blowin' The Fuse,' covered R&B from 1945-1960. It garnered awards and general acclaim. It was hailed as definitive. Now here comes the sequel. Compiled with love by Dave 'Daddy Cool' Booth. Hits? Too many to mention. See the track listing!

CD content:

• 1. I Know (You Don't Love Me No More) - GEORGE, BARBARA with THE A.F.O
  • 2. Letter Full Of Tears - KNIGHT, GLADYS & THE PIPS
  • 3. Let Me In - SENSATIONS, THE
  • 4. Duke Of Earl - CHANDLER, GENE
  • 5. Cry To Me - BURKE, SOLOMON
  • 6. Something's Got A Hold On Me - JAMES, ETTA with THE RILEY HAM
  • 7. I Found A Love - FALCONS, THE & BAND (OHIO UNTO
  • 8. You Better Move On - ALEXANDER, ARTHUR
  • 9. Soul Twist - CURTIS, KING & THE NOBLE KNIGH
  • 10. Lover Please - McPHATTER, CLYDE
  • 11. Soldier Boy - SHIRELLES, THE
  • 12. Any Day Now (My Wild Beautiful Bird) - JACKSON, CHUCK
  • 13. Night Train - BROWN, JAMES & THE FAMOUS FLAM
  • 14. Snap Your Fingers - HENDERSON, JOE
  • 15. Playboy - MARVELETTES, THE
  • 16. I Need Your Loving - GARDNER, DON & DEE DEE FORD
  • 17. Twist And Shout - ISLEY BROTHERS, THE
  • 18. Boom Boom - HOOKER, JOHN LEE
  • 19. The Loco-Motion - EVA, LITTLE
  • 20. Green Onions - T., BOOKER & THE M.G.'s
  • 21. You Beat Me To The Punch - WELLS, MARY
  • 22. Do You Love Me - CONTOURS, THE
  • 23. Stormy Monday Blues - BLAND, BOBBY
  • 24. Up On The Roof - DRIFTERS, THE
  • 25. Stubborn Kind Of Fellow - GAYE, MARVIN
  • 26. Release Me - PHILLIPS, ESTHER
  • 27. Chains - COOKIES, THE
  • 28. I've Got A Woman; Part 1 - McGRIFF, JIMMY
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:17

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16869

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 30 Scorching Classics 1963

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16869 AS
EAN: 4000127168696

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 30 Scorching Classics 1963

CD content:

• 1. That's The Way Love Is - BLAND, BOBBY
  • 2. Two Lovers - WELLS, MARY
  • 3. Our Day Will Come - RUBY & THE ROMANTICS
  • 4. These Arms Of Mine - REDDING, OTIS
  • 5. You've Really Got A Hold On Me - MIRACLES, THE
  • 6. Mama Didn't Lie - BRADLEY, JAN
  • 7. Tell Him I'm Not Home - JACKSON, CHUCK
  • 8. Got You On My Mind - COOKIE & HIS CUPCAKES
  • 9. The Love Of My Man - KILGORE, THEOLA
  • 10. He's So Fine - CHIFFONS, THE
  • 11. Baby Workout - WILSON, JACKIE
  • 12. How Can I Forget - HOLIDAY, JIMMY
  • 13. That's How Heartaches Are Made - WASHINGTON, BABY
  • 14. Watermelon Man - MONGO SANTAMARIA BAND
  • 15. On Broadway - DRIFTERS, THE
  • 16. Hello Stranger - LEWIS, BARBARA
  • 17. Pride And Joy - GAYE, MARVIN
  • 18. If You Need Me - BURKE, SOLOMON
  • 19. Pushover - JAMES, ETTA
  • 20. Shake A Tail Feather - FIVE DU-TONES, THE
  • 21. Just One Look - TROY, DORIS
  • 22. Easier Said Than Done - ESSEX, THE
  • 23. Cry Baby - MIMMS, GARNET & THE ENCHANTERS
  • 24. Mockingbird - FOXX, INEZ
  • 25. The Monkey Time - LANCE, MAJOR
  • 26. Heat Wave - MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS
  • 27. Part Time Love - TAYLOR, LITTLE JOHNNY
  • 28. Harlem Shuffle - BOB & EARL
  • 29. It's All Right - IMPRESSIONS, THE
  • 30. Walking The Dog - THOMAS, RUFUS
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:18

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16870

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 31 Scorching Classics 1964

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16870 AS
EAN: 4000127168702

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 31 Scorching Classics 1964

CD content:

• 1. What Kind Of Fool (Do You Think I Am) - TAMS, THE
  • 2. Gonna Send You Back To Georgia (A City Slick) - SHAW, TIMMY
  • 3. Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um - LANCE, MAJOR
  • 4. Who Do You Love - SAPPHIRES, THE
  • 5. Hi-Heel Sneakers - TUCKER, TOMMY
  • 6. The Way You Do The Things You Do - TEMPTATIONS, THE
  • 7. The Shoop Shoop Song (It’s In His Kiss) - EVERETT, BETTY
  • 8. Ain’t Nothing You Can Do - BLAND, BOBBY
  • 9. Wish Someone Would Care - THOMAS, IRMA
  • 10. Rock Me Baby - KING, B. B.
  • 11. Chapel Of Love - DIXIE CUPS, THE
  • 12. My Guy - WELLS, MARY
  • 13. No Particular Place To Go - BERRY, CHUCK
  • 14. Steal Away - HUGHES, JIMMY
  • 15. Security - REDDING, OTIS
  • 16. Devil With The Blue Dress - LONG, SHORTY
  • 17. Under The Boardwalk - DRIFTERS, THE
  • 18. Where Did Our Love Go - SUPREMES, THE
  • 19. 20-75 - MITCHELL, WILLIE
  • 20. Funny (How Time Slips Away) - HINTON, JOE
  • 21. Out Of Sight - BROWN, JAMES & HIS ORCHESTRA
  • 22. Dancing In The Street - MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS
  • 23. That’s How Strong My Love Is - WRIGHT, O. V. with THE KEYS
  • 24. Mercy, Mercy - COVAY, DON & THE GOODTIMERS
  • 25. Baby I Need Your Loving - FOUR TOPS, THE
  • 26. I Had A Talk With My Man - COLLIER, MITTY
  • 27. I Can’t Believe What You Say (For Seeing What - IKE & TINA TURNER
  • 28. The Price - BURKE, SOLOMON
  • 29. Oh No; Not My Baby - BROWN, MAXINE
  • 30. The Jerk - LARKS, THE
  • 31. Needle In A Haystack - VELVELETTES, THE
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:19

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16871

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 30 Scorching Classics 1965

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16871 AS
EAN: 4000127168719

Various Artists

Sweet Soul Music 30 Scorching Classics 1965

CD content:

• 1. Voice Your Choice - RADIANTS, THE
  • 2. The Boy From New York City - AD LIBS, THE
  • 3. Hold What You've Got - TEX, JOE
  • 4. Twine Time - CASH, ALVIN & THE CRAWLERS
  • 5. Don't Mess Up A Good Thing - BASS, FONTELLA & BOBBY McCLURE
  • 6. My Girl - TEMPTATIONS, THE
  • 7. Shotgun - WALKER, JR. & THE ALL STARS
  • 8. People Get Ready - IMPRESSIONS, THE
  • 9. Got To Get You Off My Mind - BURKE, SOLOMON
  • 10. Iko Iko - DIXIE CUPS, THE
  • 11. I'll Be Doggone - GAYE, MARVIN
  • 12. The Entertainer - CLARKE, TONY
  • 13. Baby, I'm Yours - LEWIS, BARBARA
  • 14. Boot-Leg - BOOKER T. & THE MG's
  • 15. I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) - REDDING, OTIS
  • 16. We're Gonna Make It - MILTON, LITTLE
  • 17. Back In My Arms Again - SUPREMES, THE
  • 18. Oo Wee Baby, I Love You - HUGHES, FRED
  • 19. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) - FOUR TOPS
  • 20. Ride Your Pony - DORSEY, LEE
  • 21. In The Midnight Hour - PICKETT, WILSON
  • 22. Sitting In The Park - STEWART, BILLY
  • 23. The 'In' Crowd - RAMSEY LEWIS TRIO
  • 24. Papa's Got A Brand New Bag, Part 1 - BROWN, JAMES & THE FAMOUS FLAM
  • 25. The Tracks Of My Tears - MIRACLES, THE
  • 26. Think - McCRACKLIN, JIMMY
  • 27. Treat Her Right - HEAD, ROY & THE TRAITS
  • 28. Rescue Me - BASS, FONTELLA
  • 29. See Saw - COVAY, DON & THE GOODTIMERS
  • 30. Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While) - WESTON, KIM
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:20

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16687

HAWKINS, Screamin'Jay

Screamin' Jay Rocks

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16687 AR
EAN: 4000127166876

HAWKINS, Screamin'Jay

Screamin' Jay Rocks

The godfather of gothic rock! - The star of Jim Jarmusch's 1989 cult movie 'Mystery Train'! - 31 classics, featuring the original hit version of I Put A Spell On You! - Comprehensive liner notes from ueber-fan Bill Millar! - Screamin' Jay Hawkins' records didn't go over-the-top; they started over-the-top and got more berserk from there. He lived as he sang. A simple question, like how he came up with the nickname 'Screamin'' elicited this response: "I went to Nitro, West Virginia. This is 1950. There was a big, big, huge fat lady at the bar. Just allow your mind to roam free when I say 'fat'…Glutton! Beast! O-bese! She made the average elephant look like a pencil, that's how fat she was. She was downing Black & White scotch and Jack Daniels at the same time, and whenever she looked up at me she shouted 'Scream, baby, scream!' I said to myself: 'You wanted a name?'" Screamin' Jay's influence can be found wherever music has sunk to new depths of depravity. Mixing voodoo rhythms and horror film props, he invented gothic rock, a genre that includes Alice Cooper, Arthur Brown, the antics of Black Sabbath's Ozzy Osbourne, the horror film make-up of Kiss, not to mention 'The Rocky Horror Show'. Hawkins also paved the way for George Clinton and Cameo whose lead singer, Larry Blackmon, emerged… like Jay… from a huge silver coffin. And, oh yes, he wrote and recorded the original version of I Put A Spell On You.

CD content:

• 1. Little Demon
  • 2. Baptize Me In Wine
  • 3. Not Anymore
  • 4. In My Front Room
  • 5. This Is All
  • 6. What That Is
  • 7. (She Put The) Wamee (On Me)
  • 8. Well I Tried
  • 9. Talk About Me
  • 10. Take Me Back
  • 11. I Is
  • 12. $ 10,000 Lincoln Continental (take 2)
  • 13. You Ain't Foolin' Me
  • 14. Yellow Coat
  • 15. I Put A Spell On You
  • 16. Frenzy
  • 17. Alligator Wine
  • 18. There's Something Wrong With You
  • 19. Person To Person
  • 20. You Made Me Love You
  • 21. Little Demon (alt. take)
  • 22. Armpit No. 6
  • 23. Just Don't Care
  • 24. Strange
  • 25. Whammy
  • 26. Party Doll
  • 27. All Night
  • 28. Mountain Jive
  • 29. Do You Really Love Me
  • 30. Please Don't Leave Me
  • 31. Knock-Kneed Nana (take 7)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:21

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16695

THOMAS, Rufus

The Sun Years, plus

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16695 AH
EAN: 4000127166951

THOMAS, Rufus

The Sun Years, plus

29 tracks including all known surviving recordings from 1949 - 1956. - 2 recently discovered sides from his first recording session for Star Talent. - all 8 original 78 rpm discs for Star Talent, Bullet, Chess, Sun, and Meteor. Some of these now for the first time ever from the first generation-tape. - 3 recordings from the Memphis Recording Service, not originally issued. - 2 original versions of songs Rufus covered (1 by Joe Hill Louis, 1 by Rosco Gordon; previously unissued). - The original version of Hound Dog by Big Mama Thornton. - 2 bonus recordings by Rufus's fellow DJ, Moohah Williams. - 2 extracts from Rufus on radio WDIA in the 1950s. - A rare radio interview with Daddy Cool. Mastered as only Bear Family can do it. A newly researched 68-page booklet by Martin Hawkins largely based on interviews by himself and Dave Booth, plus rare photos and adverts. Rufus Thomas was a one-off: a larger than life character who made as great a contribution to the performance and style of American music as he did to the recording of it. He saw it all from black vaudeville to rap... and played a major role in the evolution of African American music. His earlier R&B recordings have been unjustly obscured by his later role in the development of Stax Records and his string of soul hits. But Rufus was – though he always played it down – a damn fine blues and R&B singer in the 1950s. And this is one of the best cross-sections of African American music you'll hear from the period. Rufus sings with the Lionel Hampton band, several Memphis R&B dance bands, and with Sun studio session groups. And, in case we forget, he gave Sun Records its first hit, Bear Cat.

CD content:

• 1. I'll Be A Good Boy
  • 2. I'm So Worried
  • 3. Who's That Chick
  • 4. Double Trouble
  • 5. Beer Bottle Boogie
  • 6. Gonna Bring My Baby Back
  • 7. Night Workin' Blues
  • 8. Why Did You Deegee
  • 9. Crazy About You Baby
  • 10. No More Dogging Around
  • 11. Decorate The Counter
  • 12. Decorate The Counter
  • 13. Juanita
  • 14. Married Woman –1
  • 15. Married Woman –2
  • 16. I'm Off That Stuff
  • 17. Hound Dog
  • 18. Bear Cat (The Answer To Hound Dog)
  • 19. Walkin' In The Rain
  • 20. Tiger Man (King Of The Jungle)
  • 21. Tiger Man (King of the Jungle)
  • 22. Save That Money
  • 23. Intro patter to Sepia Swing Club
  • 24. Pink Pussycat Wine
  • 25. All Shook Out
  • 26. Candy
  • 27. The Easy Livin' Plan
  • 28. I'm Steady Holdin' On
  • 29. Rufus Thomas on Daddy Cool show
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:22

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd15510

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Zoom

CUES

Why

CD
catalog no.: BCD 15510 AH
EAN: 4000127155108

CUES

Why

They backed everyone! LaVern Baker, Ruth Brown, Big Joe Turner...! - An absolute must-have for doo-wop and vocal group collectors! - They recorded the original version of Bill Haley’s Burn That Candle and recorded the Hot 100 classic Why. - Of all the talented vocal groups populating the mid-1950s New York R&B scene, perhaps none were on as many recordings as the Cues – even if few outside the industry knew about it. The versatile vocal quintet provided background harmonies for Ruth Brown, LaVern Baker, Ivory Joe Hunter, and Big Joe Turner. Assembled by legendary Atlantic Records A&R man Jesse Stone in 1954, the Cues made a series of 1954-1956 singles under their own name for Lamp, Jubilee, Capitol, and Prep that constitute 'Why', Bear Family's exhaustive overview of the group's career. The Cues cut the classic Burn That Candle (Kirk wrote it under his nom de plume Winfield Scott), but as was so often the case their R&B original was covered by a pop group, Bill Haley & His Comets. They also cut Cracker Jack the same week that rockabilly wildman Joe Clay cut it for RCA Victor. All in all, these are some wild, rockin’ and hugely accomplished vocal group sides. Look at the titles, Killer Diller... Crazy, Crazy Party .... Scoochie Scoochie, etcetera. Now add the cream of the New York session musicians like Sam The Man Taylor.

CD content:

• 1. Yes Sir
  • 2. Why
  • 3. Crackerjack
  • 4. Burn That Candle
  • 5. Much Obliged
  • 6. Poppa Loves Momma
  • 7. Charlie Brown
  • 8. Crazy, Crazy Party
  • 9. You're On My Mind
  • 10. Ladder
  • 11. Destination 2100 And 65
  • 12. Prince Or Pauper
  • 13. Rock'n' Roll Mr. Oriole
  • 14. Warm Spot
  • 15. The Girl I Love
  • 16. Oh My Darlin'
  • 17. Killer Diller
  • 18. I Pretend
  • 19. Be My Wife
  • 20. Don't Make Believe
  • 21. Only You
  • 22. I Fell For Your Loving
  • 23. Hot Rotten Soda Pop
  • 24. So Near And Yet So Far
  • 25. Forty 'Leven Dozen Ways
  • 26. Scoochie Scoochie
  • 27. Yes Sir
  • 28. Ol' Man River
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:23

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd15558

McCRACKLIN, Jimmy

Mercury Recordings

CD
catalog no.: BCD 15558 AH
EAN: 4000127155580

McCRACKLIN, Jimmy

Mercury Recordings

The great bluesman's most commercial and sought-after recordings from 1958-1960! - Included are 3 previously unissued masters. - Blues, Rock'n'Roll, and R&B collectors will want this! - One of the most prolific bluesmen of the post-war era, Jimmy McCracklin became a rock'n'roll star during the late 1950s. After his Hot 100 hit The Walk in 1958, McCracklin signed with Mercury Records. That memorable chapter in the pianist's lengthy and prolific career is captured in fabulous detail on 'The Mercury Recordings,' containing every existing master from his 1958-1960 contract. Recording in New York with pioneering African American A&R man Clyde Otis, Jimmy waxed three blistering dance workouts at one session: his original Georgia Slop, The Wobble, and Let's Do It (The Chicken Scratch), and all three of them are here. His last Mercury date in September '60 was done in New Orleans, and McCracklin laid down one of the truly great versions of Folsom Prison Blues. He wasn't on Mercury for long, but his brief stint makes for exciting listening. Collectors have been looking for this ever since Bear Family’s original edition went out-of-print! Now it's back.

CD content:

• 1. The Wobble
  • 2. Georgia Slop
  • 3. Hitched
  • 4. No One To Love Me
  • 5. (I'll Be Glad When You're Dead) You Rascal Yo
  • 6. By Myself
  • 7. Doomed Lover
  • 8. With Your Love
  • 9. Let´s Do it (The Chicken Scratch)
  • 10. The Bridge
  • 11. What's That, Part 1
  • 12. What's That, Part 2
  • 13. Folsom Prison Blues
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:25

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd15668

SEARS, Big Al

Seariously

CD
catalog no.: BCD 15668 AH
EAN: 4000127156686

SEARS, Big Al

Seariously

He invented R&B saxophony! - He started with Duke Ellington and ended up leading the house bands on those fabulous rock'n'roll tours! - Jazz and R&B fans will want this. Tenor sax comes no better! - New York was loaded with blasting R&B tenor saxophonists during the 1950s. Their frantic wails helped define rock'n'roll during its formative years. In that scene, Big Al Sears was a titan among titans. Prior to his full-fledged leap into the R&B arena, Big Al played with the orchestras of Andy Kirk and Duke Ellington, later blowing his mighty horn loud and long on Johnny Hodges' 1951 instrumental hit Castle Rock. Big Al would eventually operate his own record labels and publishing company, but 'Sear-iously' deals with his swinging 1949-1956 sides as a bandleader for Coral, RCA Victor, Herald, and Groove, when scorching instrumentals were in vogue and the bespectacled saxist was in the vanguard of it all. Backed by a coterie of New York heavy hitters including saxman Budd Johnson, guitarist Mickey Baker, bassist Milt Hinton, and drummer Panama Francis, Sears rattles the rafters time and again with barn-burners such as Rock And Roll Ball, Here's The Beat, Great Googa Mooga, Right Now, Right Now, and the title track. Fellow New York R&B pioneer Jesse Stone turns up as guest vocalist under his Charles Calhoun sobriquet on Come And Dance With Me, and Big Al serves up LaVern Baker's then-current smash Tweedlee Dee as an infectious instrumental. This was the era when Sears was a featured member of Alan Freed's rock and roll orchestra, and it's obvious why the top-rated deejay revered him: Big Al's big tone could instantly ignite any audience.

CD content:

• 1. 125th Street, New York
  • 2. Shake Hands
  • 3. Tan Skin Lad
  • 4. Brown Boy
  • 5. Huffin' and Puffin'
  • 6. Sear-iously
  • 7. Mag's Alley
  • 8. Fo-Yah
  • 9. In The Good Old Summertime
  • 10. Ivory Cliffs
  • 11. Easy Ernie
  • 12. Vo-Sa
  • 13. Goin' Uptown
  • 14. Tweedle Dee
  • 15. Come And Dance With Me
  • 16. Come A' Runnin'
  • 17. Tom, Dick ´N'Harry
  • 18. Tina's Canteen
  • 19. Right Now, Right Now
  • 20. Midnight Wail
  • 21. Love Call
  • 22. Rock And Roll Ball
  • 23. Here's The Beat
  • 24. Great Googa Mooga
  • 25. Fo Yah (take B)
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:25

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd15981

LABEEF, Sleepy

Sleepy Rocks

CD
catalog no.: BCD 15981 AR
EAN: 4000127159816

LABEEF, Sleepy

Sleepy Rocks

35 tracks rockin' from the human jukebox. - Sleepy LaBeef rocks……yes, he really rocks on these 35 classic recordings. Not for Sleepy the mushy stuff that sometimes passes as rock'n'roll. We’re talking raw and authentic 1950s rockabilly here. And some 1960s and 1970s recordings that rock even harder, if possible, while retaining the uncompromising spirit that only a true original artist can. Sleepy LaBeef was there in the mid-1950s when rockabilly was born. He heard and saw it all, and he was a part of it. From his first records for Starday and Dixie in Texas, through small Houston labels and the major national label, Columbia, Sleepy still kept rocking. He carried on rocking on the reactivated Sun label in the 1970s. It was a marriage made in rock'n'roll heaven. On stage Sleepy LaBeef has long had the reputation as a human jukebox, a living, breathing, guitar-picking history of American music. After fifty years, he still dispenses pulsating rocking blues and country songs, one after the other in amazingly quick succession. This CD is as close as the listener can get to that kind of live experience. And, better still; you get the real original recordings in the best possible sound quality. Here are:

CD content:

• 1. All The Time
  • 2. I'm Through
  • 3. Baby Let's Play House
  • 4. All Alone
  • 5. I Ain't Gonna Take It
  • 6. Lonely
  • 7. Don't Make Me Go
  • 8. Little Bit More (alt)
  • 9. Ballad Of A Teenage Queen
  • 10. Turn Me Loose
  • 11. You're So Easy To Love
  • 12. Ridin' Fence
  • 13. The Ways Of A Woman In Love
  • 14. Walkin' Slowly
  • 15. Ride On Josephine
  • 16. Home Of The Blues
  • 17. Tore Up
  • 18. Little Bit More
  • 19. You're The Nearest Thing To Heaven
  • 20. Goodnight Irene
  • 21. Guess Things Happen That Way
  • 22. Can't Get You Off Of My Mind
  • 23. I Found Out
  • 24. You Can't Catch Me
  • 25. Shame, Shame, Shame
  • 26. Ain't Got No Home
  • 27. Too Much Monkey Business
  • 28. Honey Hush
  • 29. Good Rockin' Boogie
  • 30. Roll Over Beethoven
  • 31. I'm Coming Home
  • 32. Shot-Gun Boogie
  • 33. Honky Tonk Man
  • 34. Lonesome For A Letter
  • 35. Ride On Josephine
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:26

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16565

BUCK, John & The Blazers

Chi Chi

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16565 AH
EAN: 4000127165657

BUCK, John & The Blazers

Chi Chi

The first set with the complete recordings of Barry DeVorzon (Barry & The Tamerlanes) as John Buck. - Includes the hit single Chi Chi. - Also includes 3 previously unissued titles. - Recorded, released and then forgotten… in America, Chi Chi became a hit single in Germany for John Buck & The Blazers. When the single was re-released on a new label in the States, it was by Kalasandro. And when the German label attempted to issue a follow-up, John Buck was no longer contractually available, so the Germans issued a single by local orchestra leader Horst Wende (as John Buck and The Chi Chi's). While several more songs were recorded – originals, adaptations of old songs, and covers of international hits – the success of Chi Chi was never duplicated, and John Buck became a pop footnote. It’s an interesting story and one that Bear Family reveals in this set. John Buck was really American composer, singer, music publisher, and label owner Barry DeVorzon. He covered a lot of musical territory from Duane Eddy to the Tiuana Brass, and recorded with the best of Hollywood's studio musicians. He also recorded as Barry & The Tamerlanes. Now, Bear Family gathers everything that DeVorzon recorded as John Buck, plus the bogus German single and two previously unreleased songs. And Barry DeVorzon himself reveals the whole story!

CD content:

• 1. Chi Chi
  • 2. Forbidden City
  • 3. Egal O. K.
  • 4. Last Dance
  • 5. Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair
  • 6. Kibaba
  • 7. Nan – Je – Di
  • 8. Cantina
  • 9. Jalisco
  • 10. Lola
  • 11. Copenhagen Carousel
  • 12. La Bamba
  • 13. Spanish Farewell
  • 14. Vaquero
  • 15. Midnight
  • 16. Big Valley
  • 17. Stacy's Theme
  • 18. Letkiss
  • 19. Let's Kiss
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:27

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16683

Various Artists

Rockin' And Boppin' In The Desert, Vol.2

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16683 AR
EAN: 4000127166838

Various Artists

Rockin' And Boppin' In The Desert, Vol.2

A 30-track follow-up to Bear Family's successful 'Rockin' And Boppin' In The Desert - Arizona Rockabilly Vol. 1 (BCD 16230). - Ultra hard-to-find rockabilly and rock'n'roll, 1955-1965! Including Waylon Jennings singing Rave On ! - An absolute MUST-HAVE for hardcore rock'n'roll collectors! - In 1999, Bear Family released a compilation of obscure rockers from the great southwest titled 'Rockin' And Boppin' In the Desert - Arizona Rockabilly Vol. 1. Due to the popularity of that album, Bear Family returned to the dusty boxes and shelves for this second volume. And it's even better than the first! The compilation includes ultra-obscure singles, many coining big bucks when and if they turn up for sale, plus six hot unreleased tunes. A few of these desert discs actually saw light on national labels but most are from obscure small Arizona label imprints. Altogether, there are 30 more jumping and thumping tracks of Arizona musical history from 1955-1965. Several performers from Vol. 1 return for an encore here including Jimmy Dell, Gene Maltais, Jimmy Johnson, Lonesome Long John Roller, Rusty Isabell, and guitar greats Al Casey and Don Cole of course. Also featured are early tracks by Skip & Flip as The Pledges, writer/producer George Richey, western favorite Rex Allen and teen throb Curtis Lee. Buddy Holly fans will appreciate the previously unreleased track by one of the Crickets, Niki Sullivan, and a great rockin' version of Rave On by Waylon Jennings, both with that special Holly sound. As always the sound, pictures, notes and deluxe packaging are up to Bear Family's usual high quality.

CD content:

• 1. Rockin' In The Halls - LEMEL, GARY
  • 2. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - BENNETT, JIMMY and the NEGLIGE
  • 3. Morbid Institution - ISABELL, RUSTY
  • 4. Stop - FALCO, JAMIE and the RED DOTS
  • 5. Gotta Have You - WILSON, EASY DEAL
  • 6. The Message - DELL, JIMMY
  • 7. I'm Going Back To Texas - TYLER, GEORGE
  • 8. Esmarella - MOLINA, RON
  • 9. Betty Jean - PLEDGES, THE
  • 10. Night Creature - GIGOLOS, THE
  • 11. Hay Momma - LONESOME LONG JOHN ROLLER
  • 12. Rave On - JENNINGS, WAYLON
  • 13. Devil's Den - TURLEY, DUANE with the TADS
  • 14. But In A Million Years - RICHIE, GEORGE
  • 15. I'm Leaving - DROPOUTS, THE
  • 16. (She Wants A) Lover Man - DEMAR, JERRY
  • 17. A Little More Wine, My Dear - HAWKS, THE
  • 18. Everyone Will Know - LOREN, FRANKIE
  • 19. The Switch - MARBLES, SLIM
  • 20. I Told Everybody - SULLIVAN, NIKI
  • 21. Kay - MARION, AL
  • 22. Kiss Me Goodnight - PERKINS, DAL
  • 23. Knock Knock Rattle - ALLEN, REX
  • 24. How About Me Pretty Baby - JOHNSON, JIMMY
  • 25. Lovemakin' - MALTAIS, GENE
  • 26. Mean Bean - TERRY, DICK
  • 27. Oh Geronimo - LANE, BARRY
  • 28. Pure Love - LEE, CURTIS
  • 29. Sixteen Miles - DOLLAR, 'PESO' & The COUNTERFE
  • 30. Night Train - PATRICK, KEN
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:28

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16802

FRIZZELL, Lefty

Steppin' Out - Gonna Shake This Shack Tonight

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16802 AH
EAN: 4000127168023

FRIZZELL, Lefty

Steppin' Out - Gonna Shake This Shack Tonight

The most influential country singer of all time! Lefty Frizzell influenced Merle Haggard, George Jones, and countless others. - A completely different slant on Lefty! All his finest uptempo recordings in one generously full package! - Includes all-time country classics like If You’ve Got The Money I’ve Got The Time, Always Late With Your Kisses, and Give Me More Of Your Kisses, as well as rockabilly standards like You’re Humbuggin’ Me. - Bear Family Records was the first company to do right by Lefty Frizzell. Our 14-LP set, 'His Life, His Music,' was issued back in 1984 when Lefty's reputation was known only to a few. He'd died in obscurity nine years earlier at the tragically early age of 47. The LP box together with the hugely improved 12-CD version, 'Life’s Like Poetry,' issued in 1992 really set the stage for the Lefty Frizzell revival. Now he's almost always mentioned in the same breath as Hank Williams. He was honky tonk music personified, but he could rock hard when he wanted. This set includes all of his finest uptempo songs, including the fabulous You're Humbuggin' Me. It also includes one song, Steppin' Out, that we couldn't include on the box for legal reasons. Now it's here along with 32 other Lefty Frizzell uptempo classics. Bear Family’s 'Gonna Shake This Shack Tonight' series is establishing a reputation comparable to our definite rockabilly packages in the 'That’ll Flat Git It' series. Definitive, perfectly compiled, exhaustively annotated, and fabulously illustrated. Plus Bear Family's trademark rich and beautifully engineered sound.

CD content:

• 1. Steppin' Out
  • 2. Intro to Ida Red Boogie
  • 3. Sunday Down In Tennessee
  • 4. Cigarettes And Coffee Blues
  • 5. Shine, Shave, Shower (It's Saturday)
  • 6. When Payday Comes Around
  • 7. My Baby's Just Like Money
  • 8. You Want Everything But Me
  • 9. Give Me More, More, More (Of Your Kisses)
  • 10. If You Can Spare The Time (I Won't Miss Money
  • 11. I Won't Be Good For Nothin'
  • 12. I'm An Old Old Man (Tryin' To Love While )
  • 13. You Can Always Count On Me
  • 14. Run 'Em Off
  • 15. Mama!
  • 16. Just Can't Live That Fast (Anymore)
  • 17. From An Angel To A Devil
  • 18. Sick, Sober And Sorry
  • 19. No One To Talk To (But The Blues)
  • 20. Time Out For The Blues
  • 21. You Win Again
  • 22. Cigarettes And Coffee Blues & Intro
  • 23. Desert Blues
  • 24. Intro (Stay All Night, Stay A Little Longer)
  • 25. Somebody's Pushin'
  • 26. Mona Lisa
  • 27. My Bucket's Got A Hole In It
  • 28. You're Humbuggin' Me
  • 29. If You've Got The Money, I've Got The Time
  • 30. Always Late (With Your Kisses)
  • 31. Farther Than My Eyes Can See
  • 32. She's Gone, Gone, Gone
  • 33. My Blues Will Pass
  • 34. So What! Let It Rain
  • 35. Heaven's Plan
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:29

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16827

SKINNER, Jimmie

One Dead Man Ago - Gonna Shake This Shack

CD
catalog no.: BCD 16827 AH
EAN: 4000127168276

SKINNER, Jimmie

One Dead Man Ago - Gonna Shake This Shack

The first single-disc anthology showcasing this great down-home stylist from country music's golden age! - Packed with uptempo '50s honky-tonk classics from Capitol, Decca and Mercury master tapes, plus vintage rarities from Radio Artists. - Includes Skinner's biggest chart hit I Found My Girl In The U.S.A. plus such enduring originals like Don't Give Your Heart To A Rambler and You Don't Know My Mind. - Award-winning music historian Dave Samuelson profiles Skinner's fascinating career. - Once one of country music's most beloved, best-known figures, Jimmie Skinner drew the map that today's 'alt-country' singersongwriters follow. Inspired by the bluesmen of his youth, Skinner wrote songs of melancholy, despair and anger, framing them with catchy, unforgettable melodies. The consummate country music outsider, Skinner stripped country music to its raw essentials, much as Sun Records did with Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and especially Johnny Cash and His Tennessee Two. If Skinner's phrasing was reminiscent of Jimmie Rodgers and early Ernest Tubb, his voice was unmistakably his own – a warm, baritone growl that boomed out of the era's jukeboxes. He thrashed his guitar with an aggressive backbeat that inspired a budding generation of rockabilly singers. Electric mandolinist Ray Lunsford accompanied him with simple, funky melody lines that became a hallmark of the Skinner style. When the major labels finally beckoned, Skinner battled to maintain his artistic integrity. His persistence paid off in the late '50s with country chart hits that defied the emerging Nashville Sound. Rather than bow to changing tastes in country music, Skinner voluntarily ended his recording career. This 33-track collection features many of Skinner's classic 1949-1960 recordings for Radio Artists, Capitol, Decca and Mercury, along with a rare demo and an audio excerpt from an unfinished autobiography. Dave Samuelson provides a biographical sketch of this fascinating, eccentric performer.

CD content:

• 1. The Rambler's Call
  • 2. Jimmie Speaks (Hamilton, Ohio 1926)
  • 3. Ramblin' Boy Blues
  • 4. Lula Lee
  • 5. Muddy Water Blues
  • 6. There's Nothin' About You Special
  • 7. Running Out Of Time
  • 8. It's All The Same To Me
  • 9. Kentucky And You
  • 10. Women Beware (Of The Ramblin' Kind)
  • 11. I Ain't Got Time
  • 12. By Degrees
  • 13. Don't Give My Heart To A Rambler
  • 14. My Broken Heart's Startin' To Show
  • 15. Baby I Could Change My Way
  • 16. Too Hot To Handle
  • 17. (My Heart's) On A Budget
  • 18. Dime A Dozen (That's What You Are)
  • 19. How Low Can You Feel
  • 20. I Need A Little Lovin'
  • 21. Another Saturday Night
  • 22. Just Ramblin' On
  • 23. Where My Sweet Baby Goes
  • 24. I Found My Girl In The U.S.A.
  • 25. Hafta Do Somethin' 'Bout That
  • 26. You Don't Know My Mind
  • 27. John Wesley Hardin
  • 28. Riverboat Gambler
  • 29. I'm A Lot More Lonesome Now
  • 30. 100 Proof Heartaches
  • 31. I Know You're Married (But I Love You Still)
  • 32. One Dead Man Ago
  • 33. Rambler's Call
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:31

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Bcd16850

OWENS, Buck

Act Naturally 5-CD-Box & 84-Page Book

Bear Family Box
catalog no.: BCD 16850 EK
EAN: 4000127168504

OWENS, Buck

Act Naturally 5-CD-Box & 84-Page Book

One of the all-time Country Music Hall of Fame greats finally gets the Bear Family treatment! - The birth of the legendary Bakersfield Sound! - Includes Buck's COMPLETE recordings 1953-1964. Demos, singles, LPs, unreleased songs! All his history-making hits (Under Your Spell Again, Above And Beyond, Act Naturally, Love’s Gonna Live Here…and many, many more) plus the rarities that only Bear Family uncovers! - Includes ultra-rare sessions featuring Buck as a session musician in 1953-54! - Two unreleased performances and 12 alternate takes! - Guitar fans will want to hear legendary Don Rich evolve into one of the greatest Telecaster twangmeisters of all time! Includes Don's solo items recorded for Buck's albums. - Hear Buck and the band in session with legendary producer Ken Nelson! - Before he died in 2006, Buck Owens had wanted Bear Family to chronicle his career as only we can. Now it has happened! This collection brings forth the Big Bang of Bakersfield country music. This is how it happened, record by record, session by session! Bakersfield had a fertile country scene B.B. (before Buck), but he put it on the map with an epochal string of Top Ten and #1 singles from 1959-1988, paving the way for fellow Bakersfielders Merle Haggard, Bonnie Owens and Red Simpson. While Nashville slicked up its music to snare pop fans in the 60s, Buck's bare-bones honky tonk kept it real and twangin'. Gram Parsons, the Beatles, the Desert Rose Band, John Fogerty, Emmylou Harris, Dwight Yoakam, Keith Whitley, the Derailers, Trace Adkins, Garth Brooks and Brad Paisley all drank deeply from Buck's rhinestoned chalice. Among the first country singers profiled in 'Rolling Stone' (1969), he became a household name during his 17 years cohosting TV's 'Hee-Haw' but to him, his legacy was always the music—this music!

Bear Family Box content:

• 1. Down On The Corner Of Love
  • 2. It Don't Show On Me
  • 3. The House Down The Block
  • 4. Right After The Dance
  • 5. Hot Dog
  • 6. Rhythm And Booze
  • 7. There Goes My Love
  • 8. Sweethearts In Heaven
  • 9. Honeysuckle
  • 10. Country Girl (Leavin' Dirty Tracks)
  • 11. You're Fer Me
  • 12. Blue Love
  • 13. Please Don't Take Her From Me
  • 14. Three Dimension Love
  • 15. Why Don't My Mommy Stay With My Daddy And Me
  • 16. I'm Gonna Blow
  • 17. I Found You Out
  • 18. You're Just What The Doctor Ordered
  • 19. Rightfully Mine
  • 20. Goose Rock
  • 21. Louisiana Swing
  • 22. I'm Gonna Set You Free
  • 23. Mean, Mean, Mean
  • 24. Last Dance Tonight
  • 25. Down On The Corner Of Love
  • 26. It Don't Show On Me
  • 27. The House Down The Block
  • 28. Right After The Dance
  • 29. Blue Love
  • 30. I Only Know That I Love You
  • 31. Sweet Thing
  • 32. I Know What It Means
  • 33. Come Back
  • 34. Walk The Floors
  • 35. My Everlasting Love
  • 36. Second Fiddle
  • 37. I'll Take A Chance On Loving You
  • 38. Tired Of Livin'
  • 39. Under Your Spell Again
  • 40. I'll Give My Heart To You
  • 41. I Gotta A Right To Know
  • 42. Above And Beyond
  • 43. Excuse Me (I Think I've Got A Heartache)
  • 44. Take Me Back Again
  • 45. 'Til These Dreams Come True
  • 46. Think It Over
  • 47. Foolin' Around
  • 48. Nobody's Fool But Yours
  • 49. High As The Mountains
  • 50. Loose Talk
  • 51. Mental Cruelty
  • 52. I Don't Believe I'll Fall In Love Today
  • 53. Pick Me Up On Your Way Down
  • 54. Let's Agree To Disagree
  • 55. The Keeper Of The Key
  • 56. Lyin' Again
  • 57. Heartaches For A Dime
  • 58. Heartaches By The Number
  • 59. The One You Slip Around With
  • 60. The Key's In The Mailbox
  • 61. I'll Catch You When You Fall
  • 62. Save The Last Dance For Me
  • 63. Under The Influence Of Love
  • 64. Nobody's Fool But Yours
  • 65. Goin' Down To The River
  • 66. Bad Bad Dream
  • 67. Down On The Corner Of Love
  • 68. The House Down The Block
  • 69. Fool Me Again
  • 70. You're For Me
  • 71. Blues For Life
  • 72. The King Of Fools
  • 73. Bring It To Jesus
  • 74. All The Way With Jesus
  • 75. Mexican Polka
  • 76. Country Polka
  • 77. Mirror, Mirror On The Wall
  • 78. Storm Of Love
  • 79. One Way Love
  • 80. Kickin' Our Hearts Around
  • 81. Save The Last Dance For Me
  • 82. King Of Fools
  • 83. I Can't Stop (My Lovin' You)
  • 84. Act Naturally
  • 85. Over And Over Again
  • 86. My Heart Skips A Beat
  • 87. There's Gonna Come A Day
  • 88. Diggy Liggy Lo
  • 89. Orange Blossom Special
  • 90. Cotton Fields
  • 91. Touch Me
  • 92. Saw Mill
  • 93. Sweethearts In Heaven
  • 94. Sally Was A Good Old Girl
  • 95. Release Me
  • 96. Sweethearts In Heaven
  • 97. We're The Talk Of The Town
  • 98. Back Street Affair
  • 99. No Fool Like An Old Fool
  • 100. Love's Gonna Live Here
  • 101. Getting Used To Losing You
  • 102. Smooth Sailin'
  • 103. But I Do
  • 104. If You Ain't Lovin' You Ain't Livin'
  • 105. My Last Chance With You
  • 106. Down, Down, Down
  • 107. You Gotta Have A License
  • 108. High On A Hilltop
  • 109. It Tickles
  • 110. Whatcha Gonna Do Now
  • 111. I Always Get A Souvenir
  • 112. There'll Be No Other
  • 113. No Love Have I
  • 114. Louisiana Man
  • 115. Abilene
  • 116. A Maiden's Prayer
  • 117. Bud's Bounce
  • 118. Ain't It Amazing Gracie
  • 119. My Heart Skips A Beat
  • 120. Together Again
  • 121. Close Up The Honky Tonks (Remake)
  • 122. Truck Drivin' Man
  • 123. I Don't Hear You
  • 124. Hello Trouble
  • 125. A-11
  • 126. Act Naturally
  • 127. Lyin' Again
  • 128. I Don't Believe I'll Fall In Love Today
  • 129. Above And Beyond
  • 130. Wham Bam
  • 131. Let The Sad Times Roll On
  • 132. Gonna Have Love
  • 133. Heartaches For A Dime
  • 134. Heartaches By The Number
  • 135. The One You Slip Around With
  • 136. The Key's In The Mailbox
  • 137. I'll Catch You When You Fall
  • 138. Bring It To Jesus
  • 139. All The Way With Jesus
  • 140. Save The Last Dance For Me
  • 141. The King Of Fools
  • 142. Streets Of Laredo
  • 143. Memphis
  • 144. I Don't Care (Just As Long As You Love Me)
  • 145. Don't Let Her Know
  • 146. Dang Me
  • 147. This Ol' Heart
  • 148. Understand Your Man
  • 149. You're Welcome Anytime
  • 150. Buck's Polka
  • 151. Playboy
  • 152. We're Gonna Let The Good Times Roll
  • 153. Cryin' Time
  • 154. I've Got A Tiger By The Tail
  • 155. Trouble And Me
  • 156. If You Fall Out Of Love With Me
  • 157. Fallin' For You
  • 158. The Band Keeps Playin' On
  • 159. All The Way With Jesus
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 EmptyMer 25 Juin 2008, 10:32

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Kopf_label

http://www.bear-family.de/index.php?sid=1c6660a67f78b8ad0a0ee853b507edf5&&cl=tclabelneuheiten
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008   International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008 Empty

International releases - BEAR FAMILY RECORDS JUNE 2008
Page 1 sur 1