FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Amos Milburn

AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité

Amos Milburn Empty
MessageSujet: Amos Milburn   Amos Milburn EmptyVen 07 Déc 2007, 09:08

Amos Milburn

In the 50s ~ Let's Have A Party
CRBAND27

Amos Milburn Crband27Amos Milburn an almost forgotten giant, with a decade of solid hits to his name. His cover of Will Bradley's 'Down the Road Apiece' (1947), an early jump blues with a rocking Texas boogie beat that bordered on rock, was just one of his tunes ahead of its time.

However, none really caught on until 1949 when seven of his singles got the attention of the R&B audience: 'Hold Me Baby' and 'Chicken Shack Boogie' landed numbers eight and nine on Billboard's survey of 1949's R&B Bestsellers.
He became one of the leading performers on the Central Avenue scene. It was the rise of the very Rock n Roll which he had inspired which changed radio enough to make him passe in the later 1950s, and despite some amazing sides, and deals with Johnny Otis and even Motown, this giant had had his day.
Here though are no less than 29 of his prime sides, every one a classic. A first time CD collection of 1950s hits and rarities by one of the masters of R&B! Beautifully packaged by Pepperbox, with rare memorabilia and extensive, not to say intensive, notes by our man in the pointy creepers Dave Penny! Wonderfully re-mastered by Norman Blake and Joe Foster at the mysterious Studio 3, Glasgow, Scotland!

I'm Gonna Tell My Mama / Sax Shack Boogie (#9, 1950) / Bad Bad Whiskey (#1, 1951) / Let's Rock A While (#3, 1951) / Tears, Tears, Tears (#5, 1951) / I Love You Anyway / Ain't Nothing Shaking / Just One More Drink / Flying Home / Thinkin' And Drinkin' (#8, 1952) / Long Long Day / Greyhound / I'm Still A Fool For You / Rock, Rock, Rock / One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer (#2, 1953) / Good Good Whiskey (#5, 1954) / Let Me Go Home Whiskey (#3, 1953) / Let's Have A Party / Milk And Water / I Done Done It / One, Two, Three Everybody / Vicious Vicious Vodka / House Party / Juice, Juice, Juice / Chicken Shack Boogie/ Every Day Of The Week / Shake, Shake / Soft Pillow / We Teenagers Know What We Want

source

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/revola/newreleases.php
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Amos Milburn
Page 1 sur 1