FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à ...
Voir le deal

R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  Empty
MessageSujet: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  EmptySam 17 Sep 2011, 11:10

"The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away

R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  WM

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wade Mainer, the legendary banjo player from Weaverville whose mastery of early mountain music
earned him the title “grandfather of bluegrass,” died at his home in Flint, Michigan yesterday. He was 104.

Mainer’s friends and fellow musicians credit him with preserving traditional Southern Appalachian music
and helping to shape contemporary bluegrass.

"Wade Mainer's influence is far-reaching,” said David Holt, a Grammy-winning musician and storyteller
who knew Mainer for years. “Doc Watson, Bill Monroe and Ralph Stanley all have said that after hearing
Wade, it changed their music,” Holt said.

Mainer, who died Monday, grew up listening to his family play the mountain music of the region and by
the 1920s was performing publicly with his wife, Julia Mainer. In the 1930s he experimented with
innovations that would set the stage for Monroe, Earl Scruggs and others as bluegrass evolved. With his
band, the Sons of the Mountaineers, he is credited with bridging the gap between old-time mountain
music and Bluegrass and is sometimes called the "Grandfather of Bluegrass." In addition, he innovated a
two-finger banjo fingerpicking style, which was a precursor to modern three-finger bluegrass styles.

Originally from North Carolina, Mainer's main influences came from the mountain music of his family. In
a career that began in 1934 and spanned almost six decades, Mainer transitioned from being a member
of his brother's band into the founder of his own ensemble, the Sons of the Mountaineers, with whom he
performed until 1953, when he became more deeply involved with his Christianity and left the music
industry. After working at a General Motors factory and attending gospel revivals,

“The Steep Canyon Rangers had the privilege of hearing Wade Mainer sing ‘I Can’t Sit Down,’” said band
member Woody Platt. The Steep Canyon Rangers perform regularly with major artist Steve Martin. “We
were so taken by the song and the energy between the two of them we went home and arranged our
version. To this day it is one of our most requested songs,” Platt said.

Buncombe County native and Grammy-nominated banjo player George Buckner learned Mainer’s style,
visited with him here and at his home in Michigan and performed with Mainer on the radio in Asheville in
2004. “Wade Mainer was the first person to record bluegrass standards like ‘Little Maggie’ and ‘Take Me
in Your Lifeboat,’ and a lot of others, before Bill Monroe or Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs did. He is a
really important person in the history of the music. He will be dearly missed by me and many others,”
Buckner said.

Source : HERE

R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  EmptySam 17 Sep 2011, 16:32

merci BIRDIE

Un petit plus

WADE MAINER AVAIT ENREGISRTE BLUEBIRD RECORDS

quelques ref en 78 tours

6293 where the red roses grow / maple on the hill part 2
6423 nobody's darling but mine / going to goergia
7249 i want to be loved / wild bill jones
8042 sparking blue eyes / we will miss him
8091 i met her at a ballone night left my home in the mets

puis il en rehsitra chez king

574 there'll come a time/ dust on the bibele (reprise par littlre jimmy dickens)
603little pal/ mother's prayer have followed me
1035bdreamin of a little cabin / the stars belong to me
1093 the girl i left in sunny tennessee / little birdie

et sans compter les albums

joe
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  EmptySam 17 Sep 2011, 16:39

Thanks Joe ! c'est intéressant !

Et ne pas oublier "Little Birdie" que j'ai mis en vidéo ! R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  578651

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  EmptySam 17 Sep 2011, 16:53

oui regarde je l'ai mis

78 t king 1093

joe
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin

MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  EmptySam 17 Sep 2011, 17:15

Ah okay, je ne connaissais pas la référence!

Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  EmptySam 17 Sep 2011, 19:43

avec plaisir

joe
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away    R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away  Empty

R.I.P. : "The Grandfather Of Bluegrass" Wade Mainer Passes Away
Page 1 sur 1