FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM ROCK CITY BOOGIE

FORUM Rock'n'roll 50's, Rockabilly, Hillbilly... Clothes, Cars, Flyers, all Forties and Fifties

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Producer, songwriter, Tammy Wynette widower George Richey dies at 74

AuteurMessage
BIRDY
ADMINISTRATRICE
ADMINISTRATRICE
BIRDY

Féminin
Date de naissance : 05/12/1964
emploi : Forumeuse

Producer, songwriter, Tammy Wynette widower George Richey dies at 74 Empty
MessageSujet: Producer, songwriter, Tammy Wynette widower George Richey dies at 74   Producer, songwriter, Tammy Wynette widower George Richey dies at 74 EmptyMar 17 Aoû 2010, 12:51

Producer, songwriter,
Tammy Wynette widower George Richey
dies at 74

Published by Peter Cooper on August 16, 2010

Songwriter, producer, publisher and manager George Richey died on July 31, 2010 at age 74,
following a long battle with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

As was his request, Mr. Richey passed without a public memorial or publicity. He was buried
in Nashville near the grave of his third wife, Country Music Hall of Famer Tammy Wynette.

Born George Richardson on Nov. 30 1935 in Promise Land, Ark., Mr. Richey co-wrote classic country
songs that were recorded by artists including Wynette and George Jones. He aided in the creation of
Wynette’s “‘Til I Can Make It On My Own” and Jones’ “(A Picture of Me) Without You” and “The Grand
Tour,” and he produced material for Wynette, Merle Haggard, Johnny Horton, Wanda Jackson and others.

As a session musician, Mr. Richey aided recordings by Ringo Starr, Marty Robbins and Lefty Frizzell.

In a 2009 interview with www.tunesmith.net, Mr. Richey said, “Music was my life here on earth. It is
what got me through the journey. It paved the way down so many roads that were restricted for
most. . . . I was eaten up with it. I lived it, breathed it and worshiped it.”

Upon marrying Wynette in 1978, Mr. Richey put some of his own musical aspirations aside.
Throughout much of the 1980s, he was her manager. The couple was married until her death in 1998.

In 2001, he married the former Sheila Slaughter. In recent years, Mr. Richey devoted his time to
working to educate others about the dangers of smoking. He also worked with the Country Music Hall
of Fame to develop the Tammy Wynette: First Lady of Country Music exhibit, set to open on Aug. 20.

Mr. Richey is survived by his wife, Sheila Richey; by daughters Tatum and Deirdre and son, Kelly;
and by numerous relatives and friends.

Source : HERE

Producer, songwriter, Tammy Wynette widower George Richey dies at 74 Sans_t11

https://www.facebook.com/birdie.rockin
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Producer, songwriter, Tammy Wynette widower George Richey dies at 74
Page 1 sur 1